Data Specialist - Hedge Funds
New York, NY
Posted Feb 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 88637
Bloomberg runs on data. In Global Data, we’re responsible for onboarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs. On the Hedge Fund team, we're tasked with supplying the market with up-to-date, accurate, and complete information about the hedge funds operating within the industry to provide first-in-class analytical and comparison tools to fund managers and investors.
As a Data Specialist on Bloomberg's Hedge Fund Data team, you'll help grow Bloomberg's Hedge Fund Database in a hands on and fast paced role working on our Hedge Fund Procurement team (New York). You'll gain first hand exposure to the hedge fund market, alternative investing, and data analysis as you work alongside members of the Hedge Fund Data Team, Bloomberg Sales, and News to deliver content to the market.
We'll trust you to:
- Research the global hedge fund industry to stay on top of trends, source new profiles, and help drive new product developments
- Speak with hedge funds in the industry to onboard data to Bloomberg's Hedge Fund Database and drive Terminal adoption
- Maintain a constant presence in the industry through networking and leading at conferences and events
- Serve as a subject matter expert to technical partners to drive product vision and innovate across Bloomberg's alternative investments offering
- Work with Bloomberg Sales and News teams to showcase new content and analyses derived from Bloomberg's Hedge Fund Database to current and potential clients
You'll need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics, Political Science
- Minimum 2-4 years experience working within the asset management, alternative investment, or market data industries
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A high-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Growing interest in the world of data and using data to drive actions
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We'd love to see:
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related field preferred/CFA or CAIA designation
- Interest in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.