Data Specialist - Private Equity
New York, NY
Posted Sep 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 95857
Bloomberg runs on data. In Global Data, we’re responsible for onboarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs. On the Private Equity team, we're tasked with supplying the market with up-to-date, accurate, and complete information about the private equity investors, general partners and funds operating within the industry to provide first-in-class analytical and comparison tools to fund managers and investors.
As a Data Specialist on Bloomberg's Private Equity Data team, you'll help grow Bloomberg's Private Equity Database in a hands on and creative role working on our Private Equity team in New York. You'll gain firsthand exposure to the private equity market, alternative investing, and data analysis as you work alongside members of the Private Equity Data Team, Bloomberg Sales, and News to deliver content to the market.
We'll trust you to:
- Research the global private equity industry to stay on top of trends, source new data, and help drive product developments
- Serve as a subject matter expert to technical partners to drive product vision and innovate across Bloomberg's alternative investments offering
- Speak with private equity firms in the industry to onboard data to Bloomberg's Private Equity Database and drive Terminal adoption
- Work with Bloomberg Sales and News teams to showcase new content and analyses derived from Bloomberg's Private Equity Database to current and potential clients
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Political Science
- Minimum 2-4 years experience working within the asset management, alternative investment, or market data industries
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Exposure to and interest in data products and workflows
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Experience in private markets, ideally at a market data provider or private equity firm
- Experience working with vendor-driven workflows and flexible resources
- Interest in information technology and data analysis (for example knowledge of SQL, Python)
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.