Data Team Lead - Company Financials, Healthcare
New York, NY
Posted Dec 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 122115
Bloomberg runs on data. In Bloomberg Data, we’re responsible for on-boarding, standardizing, analyzing and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs.
The Company Financials team provides our clients with fast and accurate market-moving data so they can stay on top of their game: broker estimates, financial filings, and any other dataset that is useful to understand financial performance in the markets. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insights provided by the industry teams. We combine financial modeling, industry expertise, data management, and technical skills to curate critical metrics and drive insights from our data.
We are dedicated to crafting an outstanding financial analysis and modeling product while continuously looking to improve and expand our existing offering through a deep understanding of the markets we operate in, the sectors we cover, and our clients current and future needs.
The Company Financials Healthcare team is looking for a Team Leader to develop and lead a hard working team of individuals with diverse experience and expertise passionate about the Healthcare sector. Your team will demonstrate skills ranging from deep financial modeling to semantic modeling to data engineering.
The Company Financials Healthcare Team Leader is expected to guide their teams to think strategically, apply data management standard processes across a wide range of data sets, and to deliver quality data that is ready to use and fit-for-purpose for Bloomberg’s clients. You’ll need to drive the development of financial knowledge, industry knowledge, data analytics, data engineering and more. You are encouraged to drive and instill a culture of commitment that will foster your team to execute on the department and Healthcare-specific strategy. This position requires extensive collaboration with global colleagues, and partners across business units.
We'll trust you to:
- Mentor, encourage, and grow a dedicated team of sector experts, data engineers, and product owners to form a collaborative team through (1) processing time-sensitive, high-quality data, (2) data analysis, (3) data management, and (4) project management.
- Develop each team member's financial knowledge, technical skills, and industry expertise through mentorship and constructive feedback to be able to proactively spot gaps and opportunities for future innovations.
- Be an advocate for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, truly understanding its importance to our business, culture, and people.
- Stay engaged with the Healthcare sector and product developments to define, adapt, and lead the Healthcare sector data strategy.
- Lead the team to partner with global counterparts, other data teams, and core business groups, including Product, News, Bloomberg Intelligence and Engineering to help develop and improve fit-for-purpose data that powers our products, including functionality across the product set.
- Mobilize the team to craft and implement proactive data quality management supported by client-focused metrics and process observability (i.e. business intelligence) for Healthcare and supporting department-wide initiatives.
- Develop data modeling and ETL skills within the team and collaborate with Engineering teams to develop a robust Industrials data product that can deliver value across multiple client-facing products (e.g. Terminal, Enterprise files, etc).
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 3+ years of relevant leadership experience or strong relevant experience as an individual contributor, and relevant domain knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Economics, a quantitative social science, finance, STEM or related business field.
- Drive to build a sense of community in your team, and support Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives across the organization.
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with your team as well as multiple internal and external clients and partners.
- Experience working with large datasets, the ability to quantify trends impacting the industry and other market phenomena, and the ability to use qualitative and quantitative evidence to drive commercial decisions.
- Solid understanding of financial statement analysis, financial modeling and industry analysis.
- Strategic vision to align your team's goals around providing outstanding service to both internal and external clients, and the ability to implement a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision.
- Deep understanding of the mechanics of the Healthcare industry or a sub-sector.
- A strong grasp of data management principles and technologies such as data modeling, data analysis, statistics, and data integration using multiple data sources.
- Proficiency using scripting languages (preferably Python) to query and interrogate datasets.
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team as well as communicate business and operational strategy to your team.
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving and a strong solution-seeking posture, aided by strong data analysis skills.
We’d love to see:
- Master’s degree in relevant field and/or CFA designation (or working towards it).
- Demonstrated success leading diverse teams and driving diversity initiatives.
- Experience or knowledge in Bloomberg Company Financials products, Bloomberg terminal proficiency, and/or Bloomberg data workflows.
- Experience using data visualization tools such as QlikSense and PowerBI.
- Understanding of Data Governance and Data Management.
- Familiarity with Healthcare analytics data and available industry statistics from sources such as Industry Associations.
- Americas specific experience working with the Healthcare sector.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 135,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus