Data Team Lead - Macro Industry
New York, NY
Posted Nov 21, 2023 - Requisition No. 121703
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Bloomberg Data division the Third-Party Bloomberg Intelligence team handles onboarding, analyzing, acquiring, and providing quality data to our clients on the Bloomberg Terminal. We apply problem-solving skills to implement innovative workflow efficiencies and solutions to enhance our systems, products, and processes. We work closely with our Bloomberg Intelligence team to provide third-party data to drive their business initiatives.
What’s the role?
The Macros Industries team is looking for a highly motivated and driven Third Party Data Team Leader to cover the data curation, management, quality control and data processes that drive our Industries product which covers multiple sectors including Transportation and Pharma data. The Team Leader will be responsible for managing, motivating, and developing a team of data analysts and data engineers, who deliver automated solutions for the business. You will set the team’s technical strategy and deliver high quality data using good programming, project management and leadership skills. In doing so, you’ll build a close partnership with Engineering, Core Product, and other various stakeholders.
We’ll trust you to:
- Guide and support a team of versatile data engineers and analysts to achieve their career objectives
- Lead large-scale programs (technical and operational) with enterprise-wide influence through effective data governance, cross-team organization, dependency, risk and issue management, and leadership engagement
- Identify and implement improvements to schemas, workflows, and operational processes
- Ensure consistency and quality while delivering excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Collaborate with global counterparts to evolve the role, workflow, and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality and timeliness
- Solid understanding of technologies (Python, Unix, Github, data visualization tools)
- Manage and mentor team on large and complex data projects and business initiatives
- Participate in technical discussions and provide insights on system design, code reviews and other relevant areas as required by the team
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience with proven leadership experience
- Technical experience to lead a team of data engineers and ensure high standards in production deliveries
- Expert-level knowledge of data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Experience driving strategies, managing complex projects, and leadership ability in change management or influencing others
- A bachelor's degree in; Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related degree/equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
- Set strategy and manage the product’s technology development roadmap
We’d love to see:
- Experience in semantic technologies, or an understanding of their structures
- Understanding of Data Governance and Data Management
- Well-honed listening skills, allowing you to draw understanding of your team and clients’ needs
- Proven ability to set up strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Strong understanding of the multifaceted impact of third-party data
- Exposure to the Bloomberg Terminal and/or Enterprise data products
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 135,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus