Database Developer - Enterprise Trading Network I0I (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Mar 25, 2021 - Requisition No. 89805
The Bloomberg IOI (Indications Of Interest) Network is globally recognized as the industry-leading source for real-time, pre-trade liquidity discovery and post-trade market share analytics. It connects institutional investors with the brokers that can help them realize their investment strategies. It also brings transparency to the market and allows brokers to compete with each other on objective metrics. Our clients access the power of the network through a suite of real-time data and premium analytics products that we build and maintain.
We constantly update our infrastructure, to offer the best possible experience to our clients and maintain the ability to respond promptly to new market challenges. Our latest undertaking is to migrate a significant part of our system from IBM DB2 to the PostgreSQL database. This is a system utilizing a large array of highly optimized Stored Procedures. We are looking for an experienced, motivated database developer to help us migrate our data and stored procedures and optimize the latter to the highest possible levels of performance, reliability and consistency. In this role you will be working in an exciting, fast-paced environment where your contributions are recognized and make a direct impact on the team, the product and the global markets.
We'll trust you to:
- Rapidly absorb the current infrastructure, while building domain knowledge.
- Set timelines for your work with clearly defined milestones.
- Manage delivery risk and escalate problems early.
- Take a data-centric approach to ensure the quality of your deliverables.
- Thrive in a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment.
You need to have:
- Extensive knowledge of SQL databases and best engineering practices.
- Experience developing and tuning Stored Procedures.
- Hands-on experience with PostgreSQL.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of experience with PostgreSQL.
- 5+ years of experience developing low-latency SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience designing and tuning enterprise database solutions.
- Experience with DB2.
- Development experience with
- Linux shells
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.