New York, NY
Posted Dec 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 112573
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
The RoleBloomberg News seeks a collaborative reporter to cover the dynamic world of activist investing. We’re looking for someone who is calm under pressure in an exciting and hyper-competitive beat. The reporter will have responsibility for overseeing our breaking news coverage on activist investors and the impact they have on companies and the board room, including M&A. They will also be expected to generate enterprise stories on Wall Street and the deal community.
Activism is an evolving beat that can touch on companies in every sector and the reporter should be able to work seamlessly with other teams in the newsroom, whether it's investing, global business, finance or legal. You'll be covering some of the biggest and most colorful characters in finance, from Carl Icahn, Dan Loeb to Bill Ackman.
The person will report to the Deals Team Leader.
We'll expect you to:
- Break news on activist campaigns and board fights ahead of the competition as well as companies' responses to them
- Be on top of corporate governance trends and covering the big names in the space
- Develop your sourcing among investors, bankers, lawyers, hedge fund managers, proxy solicitors and more to help Bloomberg chronicle the growth of activism as an asset class and how it operates within the financial services industry.
- Boost your profile on the beat with projects such as our daily Deals newsletter, events as well as expand our cross-platform contributions to TV, radio, podcasts, magazines, the website and social media.
- Be innovative and think creatively about ways to make our content accessible to a broader audience of business-savvy readers
- Minimum of four years of experience in business journalism
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Knowledge of the economy, financial markets, and Wall Street is essential
- Strong writing skills, with a particular focus on accuracy, precision and speed for sensitive, anonymously sourced stories
- A track record in breaking news and developing sourcing
You'll need to have:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 90,000 - 120,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus