Deputy Chief Compliance Officer - Swap Execution Facility
New York, NY
Posted Aug 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 93404
Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and Information Company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value and importance of giving back to our communities, as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program!
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. Bloomberg has regulated activities that include regulated trading venues (e.g., UK Multilateral Trading Facility, US Swap Execution Facility), MIFID II benchmark activities, a US Broker-Dealer, and other regulated offerings globally.
Bloomberg is looking for a Swap Execution Facility (SEF) Deputy Chief Compliance Officer to join our SEF Compliance team. This role will report to the SEF Chief Compliance Officer.
This is a unique team which utilizes the diverse skills and experience of all members to succeed in covering many different products and regulatory requirements. It offers an environment to share knowledge and experiences, and to develop individually in a company that positively encourages collaboration and teamwork.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the SEF CCO in ensuring compliance with the CEA and CFTC SEF related regulations, as well as with relevant foreign regulations. We will expect you to provide interpretive guidance to participants and the business as needed, including real time advisory services globally, as well as maintaining, reviewing and periodically updating the SEF Rulebook and compliance policies and procedures. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, together with the ability to work as part of a team, with a real drive to add value to the company.
We'll trust you to:
- Assess and interpret the relevance of applicable rules and regulations
- Liaise with regulators, as well as BSEF’s regulatory service provider
- Assist with investigations and disciplinary actions
- Provide advisory compliance services to the business
- Review, update and draft Compliance policies
- Develop and streamline new and existing Compliance processes
- Review and approve as necessary system initiatives and enhancements related to SEF functionality
- Identify potential enhancements in processes and play a role to implement system changes
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and their potential impact
- Act as the second line of defense in a dynamic, forward thinking business
- As part of the broader Compliance team, provide Compliance support to the broad range of businesses operated by Bloomberg
You'll need to have:
- A strong understanding of market structure, including swap dealing, reporting and clearing
- Experience in the financial markets, specifically electronic trading
- Experience responding to regulatory inquiries
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A track record of working with and advising senior business stakeholders on compliance matters
- The ability to advise on regulatory changes and developments
- Experience in drafting policies, procedures, and manuals, along with preparing reports for regulatory bodies and internal management
- An analytical mind, and the ability to solve complex problems and streamline processes
We'd love to see:
- Fluency with financial trading technology
- A desire to be part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced organization
- Managerial experience
- JD degree
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.