Designer - Bloomberg Studio
New York, NY
Posted May 15, 2019 - Requisition No. 75139
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We work across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
The Bloomberg Studio is looking for an exceptional graphic designer to work on brand initiatives and campaigns supporting our media brands and products - ranging from digital platforms, print publications, broadcast radio and television, and live events. You will contribute to the creative vision, and collaborate with a team that defines and designs brand experiences across print, digital, motion and experiential. You will collaborate with designers, copywriters and cross-functional teams to develop creative concepts, execute original and innovating design systems and brand campaigns.
We will trust you to:
- Delivering world class creative ideas for Bloomberg’s media businesses – ranging from Bloomberg Television to digital subscriptions
- Be a creative thinker with a hands on approach to design, helping develop brand systems that stretch across a wide range of mediums
- Collaborate with multiple departments to direct and oversee digital, web and motion executions
- Translate feedback into successful creative that pushes the business forward
- Initiate and develop proactive creative projects, helping to address Bloomberg’s media brands and products around the world
- Develop a design vision; working with the rest of the design team to ensure a high level of execution across all deliverables following this vision
- Keep an ear on the ground for external creative trends and contributing to the Bloomberg Studio culture with fresh ideas and a can-do attitude
You need to have:
- Extensive knowledge of campaign and concept development and creative strategy
- Stellar portfolio including work for editorial and media brands. Personal work is also encouraged
- Extensive knowledge and experience in production design building and submitting mechanical files for both print and digital and liaising with production vendors
- Experience in video building storyboards, collaborating with motion designers, speaking to audio and sound design
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication with a heavy dose of storytelling
- At least 5+ years professional work experience in-house or working with media brands
- Strong strategic thinking skills and the ability to develop strong design systems that bring simplicity to complex brands
We’d Love to See:
- An easy going attitude, calm under pressure and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working as a team player, collaborate effectively with other creatives, as well as members of the marketing management team
- Proficiency working with Adobe Creative Suite design software
- After Effects knowledge
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.