Desktop Build Group, Client Quant Developer
New York, NY
Posted Nov 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 79627
Quantitative investment funds have grown exponentially over the last decade and Bloomberg is uniquely positioned at the forefront of this financial revolution.
The Financial Applications Team (DBG) works closely with Bloomberg clients to assist them to implement quantitative investment strategies and research using our new Python Quant development platform. Powered by Jupyter, the quant platform combines world-class open source python libraries with the world's leading financial database, allowing our clients to generate unique research in quantitative finance and help them to capture alpha in a highly competitive landscape.
As a global team we have people based in London, New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney, and work collaboratively with our Account Management teams, Product Development and R&D teams.
Ideal candidates for this role will effectively balance client interaction, communication, proof of concept vetting, development/implementation, deployment and support. This role will see you engaging with top quantitative finance experts to turn their investment ideas into reality. Do you want to get exposure to the latest technology and coolest programming packages, and to be part of shaping a product with great revenue potential for our clients?
You will use your equity financial markets knowledge to consult with Bloomberg clients or prospective clients, helping them to develop and implement their quantitative investment strategies and research on our new python based quant platform. With access to the world's most comprehensive financial database, you will have the opportunity to apply advanced data science technologies to generate real world investment models. Your role will involve full life-cycle development, from initial pitches/presentations to prospective clients, customer facing requirement gathering, prototyping, implementation, deployment and adoption.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be client facing and consistently communicative, becoming a point of contact throughout the sales cycle
- Position our quant platform to prospective clients, working with our account management team to provide thought leadership in the quantamental universe both internally and at external focus events
- Work with clients to deep dive into their investment process, coding this into an implemented strategy in our quant platform on behalf of the client
- Liaise between the client, product development teams, R&D to push internally for enhancements or fixes to the APIs or the platform
- Provide continued support for clients to ensure adoption
- Provide assistance on new strategies or processes they wish to implement
- Help develop documentation, training material, internal tools to better service quant clients
You will learn on the job:
- In depth knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal - the world's leading financial analytics platform for investment professionals
- You will be supported with training to improve your expertise in data science, quantitative investment strategies and capital markets
- A deep understanding of quantitative strategies and investment knowledge across equities, fixed income, FX and commodities
- You will learn Open Source python technologies for advanced data visualizations, widgets and analytics
You’ll need to have:
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Highly articulate, consultative, and confident in interactions with clients
- Experience working within a collaborative environment where you partner with both clients and colleagues
- Advanced coding skills in python
- Experience in equity quantitative (quantamental) investment strategies or Equity Risk Premia strategies
- Have a strategic mind set and demonstrable commercial acumen - be able to weigh up the business opportunities of a project before execution
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience working on the sell side in other asset classes: Fixed Income, Commodities or FX
- Previous front office work experience in financial markets working on/with the buy side
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as R, VBA or similar
- Experience with big data analysis or machine learning applications in finance
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status