New York, NY
Posted Jun 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 104930
Bloomberg Employee Operations provides technical support for all in house IT systems and a pivotal part of this group is our IT Support Team. The New York Support Team is crucial to the smooth operation of our internal IT systems at Bloomberg. We form Bloomberg's backbone providing IT support for all of our 20,000 employees. We strive for exceptional customer service while taking a detail oriented approach to addressing our employee needs quickly and efficiently.
What's The Role?
As an IT Desktop Support Technician, your role will be to provide both remote and desk side support for our mixed environment of Windows O/S & MAC OSX to our internal employees.
In addition to PC/MAC support, you will be supporting other systems including mobile technology and AV. Support is coordinated via phone, ticketing systems and Instant Message. Full training on the Bloomberg software and ticketing systems will be provided.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Provide global remote technical support
- Provide desk side support for any hardware related issues
- Provide exceptional levels of customer service
- Have the ability to clearly communicate ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical employees
- Have excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Have proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment demonstrating high energy with a sense of urgency and decisiveness
- Experience working within a team environment
- Manage and deliver small projects on time
- Experience in providing IT support within a dynamic, fast-paced business environment
- Active Directory experience
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience troubleshooting login issues, Wifi, and hardware issues desk-side with users as well as remotely
- A real passion for technology
- Mac OSX Experience
- Knowledge of Cisco telephony
- Audio Visual support experience
- SCCM Experience
You’ll Need To Have:
We’d Love To See:
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. That being said, it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives, from helping local school kids with their reading, to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.