DevX Software Engineer - Ticker Plant (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Jan 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 88479
The Application Integrity Ticker Plant Team is responsible for the integrity of the software that delivers the world's most reliable, timely and accurate financial data. More than 4,500 developers rely on us to provide the core foundation and data required for their applications. Our work environment is fast-paced, spirited, friendly and collaborative. On our team, you will learn about state-of-the-art large-scale development infrastructure, work with field experts, and get insight into the heart of Bloomberg's financial engine.
We’re currently in the process of optimizing, scaling, and automating our build system and processes surrounding it. The project will involve development of automation tools for our build system, migration of a large codebase to CMake, adding build cache support, and generally executing ideas on shrinking the feedback loop developers currently face in our development system.
What's in it for you:
As a software engineering consultant enabling this migration:
- You will be involved in design, development, and execution of a top-tier build system in use by over a hundred engineers.
- You will also have the opportunity to learn the challenges in design and maintenance of large scale enterprise systems.
- You’ll develop expertise in Jenkins, CMake, git, C++ build troubleshooting, and Python.
- You'll have the opportunity to extend our existing infrastructure. This will include modifying or developing code using CMake, Python, and frameworks of the Jenkins ecosystems.
We'll trust you to:
- Complete projects that required significant engineering skills and the ability to work with a team
- Work with engineering teams across Ticker Plant and understand their development requirements and usage patterns
- Be willing to tackle new challenges, learn new technologies quickly
You’ll need to have:
- Ability to work with CMake, Jenkins, and Python is essential.
- Ability to communicate/interact with internal engineers to learn systems is essential.
- Basic familiarity with C++ and its compilation process on UNIX/Linux platforms.
- Aptitude for writing scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
We'd love to see:
- Full-Time work experience with C or C++
- Familiarity with SCons
- System admin experience
- Experience with Git
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of power users around the world. If this sounds like you, please apply below!
To find out more about Engineering at Bloomberg, check out www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status