Developer Experience Engineer - Structured Products Team (FA - Financial Analytics)
New York, NY
Posted Apr 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 103003
The Structured Products market makes up nearly $10 trillion of US public and private bond market debt. Banks use financial engineering to transform a variety of assets, such as residential and commercial mortgages, auto and student loans, and credit card debt, into securities that are structured to meet nearly any investor appetite.
The Developer Experience (DevX) Engineers on the Structured Products team at Bloomberg fill the critical role of ensuring our developers have access to a seamless and cutting edge experience while developing, building, testing, and deploying their code. We spend our day working with over one hundred of our engineering colleagues to help them build a diverse distributed system ranging from extensive ETL pipelines to edge microservices that process billions of hits a day. We strive to build tooling and processes that enable our engineers to function more efficiently across the development lifecycle - starting at product requirement inception and ending at client acceptance.
As an engineer on the DevX team, we'll trust you to:
- Apply your expertise to analyze bottlenecks in the development process and identify where we can get the best rate of return on new or improved tooling.
- Design, develop, and deploy applications and tools to help maintain or improve both a healthy production and development environment.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest methods, processes and technologies, both internally and externally, that can help to improve efficiency of the whole department without introducing new maintenance burdens.
- Help to develop and communicate a culture of both teaching and learning among your colleagues while empowering the whole group to function more optimally.
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- A persevering attitude to challenge the status quo
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Excellent Python skills
- Experience with design and implementation of large scale distributed systems
- Familiarity with Python and C++ build and test frameworks
- Proficiency in CI/CD pipelines like Jenkins and observability tools like Splunk and Grafana
- Most importantly, a growth oriented mindset towards learning new or unfamiliar technologies and skills, and an ability and eagerness to use those skills to help the department function more productively.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com