Digital Advertising Trafficking Team Lead
New York, NY
Posted Jan 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 87987
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
The Digital Advertising Trafficking Team Lead is responsible for setting the strategy, vision and execution within one of media’s core functionalities. As part of the larger Global Advertising Operations team, you will run Bloomberg’s Digital Trafficking team by providing leadership and oversight of our US line of business, focusing on client performance and optimization. Success will be defined by collaborating across the organization, by partnering with sales, planning, pricing, ad product, editorial and the broader ad operations team to help drive engagement and revenue.
A qualified candidate will have the opportunity to use their outstanding blend of technical aptitude, analytical approach, organizational skills and creative problem solving to bring solutions to life that ensure client success. In their day to day role, they will serve as a player/coach, working across mobile/desktop web, mobile applications, video & connected devices to traffic online creative, troubleshoot problems, lead campaign delivery and report results for client advertising on Bloomberg’s digital properties. This person will also engage across pricing & inventory, ad technology, marketing, product and engineering teams to launch new ad experiences, build creative for clients and project manage high impact units.
We will trust you to:
- Set a vision for our digital trafficking team, drawing heavily on a strong pulse on the industry and command of our metrics and goals
- Coach and mentor a robust team of digital traffickers through campaign delivery and account management, with an eye towards performance and optimization
- Define and consistently measure quantifiable success for the team
- Provide outstanding customer service for internal partners and external clients/agencies, working consultatively to foster understanding and adoption of industry best practices
- Drive workflow and communication with cross-functional partners in sales, marketing and planning to ensure timelines are met and campaigns have successful outcomes
- Create strong connections with our data, content and audience teams, along with editorial and engineering to develop powerful innovations that surprise and delight our users and advertisers
- Proactively ensure the sales and operations teams are educated on new and innovative strategies; continually encourage teams to raise the bar strategically, creatively and operationally
- Be seen as a leader with vision in the ad community for digital trafficking
- Traffic and maintain display and video ad campaigns on Bloomberg's digital platforms, ensuring deal terms are met including delivery rates, start and end date, reporting requirements, viewability expectations, etc.
- Optimize performance and drive yield across campaigns to ensure full delivery and improve creative engagement
- Collaborate with ad product, ad technology and planning teams to understand client KPIs and how we can use Bloomberg assets to drive success
- Build custom ad experiences with internal and external partners, from client kick off calls through QA and launch
- QA campaign creative for spec compliance and accurate functionality
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in Digital Ad Operations/Revenue Operations
- You are the type of person who likes to take ownership of a project and see their hard work come to life
- Strong time management and written communication skills to ensure we are effectively managing and responding to requests both internally and externally
- Eloquent and comfortable speaking with diverse audiences, including sales and clients; demonstrating the ability to translate technical subject matter into relatable business terminology and respond to unexpected questions on the spot
- Understanding of Excel, including how to create and use pivot tables
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively while maintaining an attention to detail and multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable technical acumen and experience with advertising systems with a detailed understanding of advertising performance metrics
- Experience working in Google Ad Manager as well as with third party ad servers (DCM, Sizmek, Flashtalking, Celtra, etc) and ad-verification vendors (Integral Ad Science, DoubleVerify, MOAT, etc)
- Experience managing third party rich media builds and/or working within rich media self-service platforms
- Ability to problem solve with outstanding time management and an eye for detail
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.