Digital Creative Director
New York, NY
Posted Jun 8, 2018 - Requisition No. 67533
Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance. Encompassing news, data, information and technology – Bloomberg is a global powerhouse that moves in real time. Our core business revolves around a suite of products and solutions we provide to financial and business professionals known as the Bloomberg Professional Services, referred to internally as Financial Products.
The Bloomberg Studio is Bloomberg's global in-house creative, digital, content, and brand group. We work on programs for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast. Our team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to idea development, design and content. We move fast to solve problems and deliver smart ideas. Our production team ensures ideas are realized to world-class standard execution. The Studio drives projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, rolling out projects both internally and externally. The team works across a global workflow, with staff in all our major offices.
We are looking for a self-starting, hands-on Digital Creative Director to lead our Financial Products creative team. You will also serve as the lead for the Digital/UX team within central marketing and we will expect for you to be the face of creative/UX for our marketing and business partners. You need to be a design-driven and strategic thinker who will bring original ideas and a fresh, stylish, organized approach to each project - ensuring teams are unifying approaches and developing integrated, multi-channel ideas. You are a digital native who understand the power of simplicity through UX and design. In this role, we’ll trust you to work through very complex stakeholder management scenarios to shepherd ideas through the stages of development to completion.
You need to have:
- A strong and sophisticated sense of design style, with excellent skills in: typography, photography, art direction, video direction and digital user experience
- 8-12 years experience in digital/UX design role in a company or design agency
- BA/BS degree required - a degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, Visual, Fine or Commercial Arts, Art Design or related field preferred
- The ability to receive and interpret (sometimes undefined) creative and project briefs, problem solve and present ideas creatively and effectively
- Firsthand experience designing and producing work for print, digital and video
- Experience working within and expanding complex brand design systems and architectures
- A deep understanding of current digital design and UX/UI design and production best practices
- Proven experience working closely with developers and producers in seeing complicated jobs through to completion
- Comfort being a very hands-on as designer, often as player/coach
- Strong operating knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision and other contemporary UX design tools
If this sounds like you, please apply and we’ll be in touch. In order to be considered we will need to see a portfolio and website examples that demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of best-in-class work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.