Director of Audience Analytics
New York, NY
Posted Jan 25, 2021 - Requisition No. 88452
Director of Audience Analytics
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg Media is looking for an experienced Director of Audience Analytics to drive innovation within our product portfolio and to help grow our business. We’re looking for strategic thinkers, people who can help set the product vision and roadmap for Bloomberg Media and understand how to execute on that vision.
This role would serve as the key partner to business leaders in subscriptions, product, marketing and QuickTake.
We'll trust you to:
- Deeply collaborate with these business partners on their analytical questions and develop a framework for the insights needed and the analytical work needed to get there
- Be a thought-partner across the businesses to help find opportunities based on trends in the data, evaluate business questions as they arise, help us understand and evaluate our audience, and provide insights across our subscription business and end-to-end customer journey to help drive the business outcomes
- Partner with the QuickTake team to help manage and prioritize analytics needs; help drive collaboration and communication across teams, have familiarity corralling performance and audience metrics across distributed platforms
- Guide, advise, and mentor across marketing, product, engineering, and design to ensure the teams are focused on the right metrics and are answering the right problems; includes analyzing a/b test results, monitoring reports and metrics, helping formulate and track team OKRs
- Partner with the analytics team to manage and prioritize the existing queue -- what work to take on and managing timelines with partners
- Present core digital business metrics at digital monthly meetings and town halls and externally (if appropriate); comfortable distilling data into understandable take-aways to a broad group of stakeholders and executive leadership
- Work with partners in Data Science, Ad Operations, Audience Insights (sales) to understand how to better fold advertising data into our analyses
- Understand our complex data landscape, be responsible for and a champion for ‘democratizing’ our data across the organization, take ownership how we do better at sharing insights across the organization
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details, have familiarity with SQL (light knowledge of R is a plus!), statistical analyses, and familiarity with a subscription and/or advertising
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years’ experience in business intelligence / analytics, consumer subscription or consumer facing web products; familiarity with a media organization a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional teams in a fast paced environment and within a complex organization with a variety of internal groups
- Proven ability to understand business challenges and questions, translate into analytics requirements, and communicate findings and meaningful insights back to the business, to both technical and non-technical teams
- Expert level knowledge of SQL combined with an understanding of big data and real-time processing systems and tools. Experience with R or Python a plus. Experience with data front-end platforms (Google Analytics)
- Comfort evangelizing a culture that is built around rigor and quality, and yet are comfortable with uncertainty; ability to mentor and guide teams helping them to ask the right questions and understand the data
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills
- Passionate advocate for data and the impact it can have on decision making
- Empathetic, kind, curious, self-directed, you love to solve problems and be a part of a team
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.