Director of Communications - Bloomberg Editorial and Research
New York, NY
Posted Dec 22, 2018 - Requisition No. 72653
Who we are:
Bloomberg connects influential decision makers in business, finance and government to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. In the Corporate Communications team, we reinforce Bloomberg Editorial's smart, fact-based, objective journalism and also elevate Bloomberg Media Group as a leading and innovative global business and finance media organization. We do that by engaging with external media and influencers, building third party relationships and through employee communications.
What's the opportunity?
We are looking for a Director of Communications for Bloomberg Editorial and Research, based in New York. This is an opportunity to thrive in a dynamic and multi-faceted role, focusing on promoting Bloomberg News content and journalists, as well as business leaders across multiple platforms for Bloomberg's editorial operations. You will work on strategy across Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Intelligence, and live events. We will expect for you to have a firm understanding of business, finance, politics, and technology news. You also need to have stellar news instinct and the ability to jump on breaking news. Ideally, you should have demonstrated success promoting news content. Experience with trade press and crisis communications will also help in succeeding in this role.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work on consumer and trade media strategy for Bloomberg News across multiple platforms, as well as breaking news outreach
- Work closely with Bloomberg's editorial leadership and journalists on integrated global communications strategy for Bloomberg News, Bloomberg TV, and Bloomberg Intelligence
- Collaborate closely with Bloomberg communications teams in the U.S. and around the world, as well as social, events, and video teams
- Manage high profile relationships with key journalists and partners
- Leverage your external media contacts across consumer and trade media
- Drive press coverage for Bloomberg Live global events
- Identify speaking engagements for Bloomberg journalists
- Be tech and social media savvy, multi-task, handle volumes of information, work under deadlines and respond to breaking news
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 6-8 years of working experience in media relations and corporate communications (a background in news/media would be ideal)
- Excellent verbal, editing and writing skills
- Solid relationships with external media contacts
- Experience in crisis communications
- Proven experience in stakeholder/relationship management
- A network of industry and press contacts across consumer and trade media
- The ability to work well with senior executives, top business leaders, and news makers
- The ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
Does this sound like you?
If so, apply today. If we believe you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.