Director of Lifecycle Product Marketing, Digital Subscriptions Business
New York, NY
Posted Apr 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 90211
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy and our digital subscriptions business.
The Consumer Subscription Business is seeking highly-motivated Product Marketing Director to manage a hard-working team of lifecycle product marketing managers and develop strategies to drive acquisition and retention for Bloomberg.com. Our subscription business has had breakout growth over the past 3 years and is looking forward to exciting and ambitious growth in the years to come!
An ideal candidate has a passion for understanding consumer's motivations with hands on experience leading teams and connecting the dots between data to inform marketing strategies.
The Product Marketing Director will play a key role in crafting marketing plans and budgets, building awareness and consensus across the organization, and ensuring marketing strategies are executed according to plan, on time, and on budget. They will be flexible, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and able to balance multiple priorities. They also need strong critical thinking skills, marketing-savviness, a high degree of organization, and the ability to coach and manage a team!
We'll trust you to:
- Lead a hard-working team of product marketers
- Define our growth strategy for acquisition and retention
- Serve as the connective tissue between our product, marketing, and business teams to identify winning tactics across paid, owned, and earned channels
- Lead all aspects of strategy for go-to-market plans
- Work with Audience Insights and Analytics teams to identify and action against quantitative, qualitative and competitive insights
- Build strong product positioning and clear narratives for Bloomberg.com
- Work with Brand Strategy team to align on central messaging
- Identify areas across marketing to enable acquisition and retention growth for the subscriptions business
- Support the development of marketing and brand campaigns across channels for multiple product initiatives. (Tactics might include email, onsite, paid media and partnerships.)
- Continuously analyze effectiveness of strategies and allocate investment dollars to the highest ROI opportunities
- Evaluate results in the context of broader business goals, and make recommendations on how to move the business forward
- Develop clear and illuminating reporting while strategically communicating results and recommendations to leadership
- Adapt, learn quickly and be resourceful
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 6-10 years of proven experience in consumer marketing
- Previous experience with team leadership or team management
- Tight-knit collaboration and influencing skills, ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments synthesizing multiple points of view into a coherent action plan with senior leaders
- Analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and use data to drive decision making
- An understanding of how media is consumed in today’s world and how we can build added value to drive engagement with our products
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to tailor presentations based on audience
- An entrepreneurial mind-set, flexible teammate with the ability to roll up your sleeves and take on whatever comes your way.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.