Director of Product, Consumer Subscription
New York, NY
Posted Jul 29, 2020 - Requisition No. 84139
Smarter, faster, and as always - first. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative.
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media is looking for an experienced Director of Product Management to drive innovation within our product portfolio and to help grow our consumer subscription business. We’re looking for strategic problem solvers, people who can help set the product vision and roadmap for Bloomberg Media and execute on that vision.
We’ll trust you to:
- Direct the vision and roadmap, helping define the overall strategic direction and evolution of our consumer subscription business.
- Take ownership of product strategy, roadmap and execution with a team of engineers, with a focus on subscription acquisition and retention.
- Lead a team of product managers, help instill best practices in your team, guiding them to focus on the work that will help drive the business.
- Understand how to identify the big wins and prioritize features that will have measurable impact for our customers and on the business, using data to inform your decisions.
- Create a compelling roadmap that demonstrates an understanding of business goals, supported by market research, data, and user engagement data and research.
- Be a strong leader and a compassionate team member, partnering with cross-functional teams across the building to make things happen.
You’ll need to have:
- 8+ years working in B2C product, ideally in subscription and / or news, experience working with data engineering, machine learning or data science, a plus.
- Understanding of the mechanics of a consumer subscription business; ability to use data to drive business decisions, can be a partner and strong voice in defining the overall strategy.
- Depth of experience building and shipping consumer facing products, driving them from ideation to delivery; ability to gain stakeholder and leadership buy-in; ability to facilitate prioritization decisions.
- Experience leading a team of product managers, guiding and providing mentorship to help set them up for success.
- A strong bias toward action and can break down sophisticated problems into steps that drive product development.
- Excellent people skills and a proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization, gaining consensus, stakeholder, and executive buy-in.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; be able to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts.
- Comfortable setting and owning key KPIs & goals, as well as tracking projects against the KPIs, celebrating wins and learning from misses.
- Experience with site optimization and using A/B multivariate testing.
- Deep understanding of technology and latest trends in the digital space.
- Understanding of design principles, usability, UX design.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and tradeoffs.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.