Distressed Debt Reporter
New York, NY
Posted Jun 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 91870
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
You'd be part of a team that covers the most financially troubled companies in the Americas, the ones saddled with distressed debt and bankruptcies. The field includes some of the biggest household names, and a roster that's likely to grow after an unprecedented wave of borrowing to weather the pandemic. The job includes cultivating sources to break news, and then using your story-telling skills to analyze and explain what went wrong.
We're passionate about breaking news and writing stories that set the agenda, and we want reporters who are just as comfortable taking the lead on a story as they are collaborating with teammates. You'd be based in either Wilmington, Delaware, home to one of the nation's most active bankruptcy courts, or in a New York office that serves as the headquarters to one of the smartest and boldest media organizations in the world.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on the biggest distressed companies in North America
- Lean on existing sources and develop new ones to generate intelligent, high-impact, market-moving scoops
- Talk about your stories on Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Radio and Bloomberg Quicktake
- Analyze industry data
- Cover the beat with speed and accuracy
- Write insightful, thought-provoking features that add value
- Collaborate with colleagues across our more than 120 bureaus globally.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of three years in journalism with a focus on credit markets or corporate finance, or five years in business journalism with a proven track record for breaking news on beat coverage of a company or industry
- Experience with real-time news
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
- Ability to generate exclusive, breaking news as well as informative feature stories
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.