Distributed Systems Architect - Security (CTO Office)
New York, NY
Posted Jan 10, 2020 - Requisition No. 80669
The Bloomberg CTO Office is the future forward technical arm of Bloomberg L.P. We envision, design and prototype the next generation infrastructure, hardware and applications that interface in all aspects of the company including financial products, broadcast and media, data centers, internal IT and our global network.
We are the CTO Security Architecture group. We solve complex security problems to enable innovative new products, and prototype the next generation of infrastructure security technologies. Whether we’re designing our next generation security controls, or threat modeling our distributed systems, our goal is to define the future of how we secure Bloomberg’s infrastructure. That’s where you come in.
As a CTO security architect, you’ll be trusted to understand security requirements of our transactional applications and trading systems, provide guidance for usable infrastructure security, ensure that logical security controls are manageable at our scale, and much more. Your leadership skills will influence the roadmap for future security technologies, while working alongside motivated engineers across the company to keep Bloomberg at the cutting edge. Our team works across many areas of security architecture, and you will have the opportunity to focus on the projects you are passionate about and bring your expertise to help reach our team’s goals.
We'll expect you to:
- Take a leadership role in defining tools, techniques and technologies used to secure and monitor Bloomberg’s infrastructure.
- Support new product development, guiding teams to appropriate security architectures.
- Prototype infrastructure technologies, and understand how they fit into Bloomberg's existing environment.
- Foster a culture of security consciousness while understanding the trade-offs between security, usability and performance at the large scale.
- Help develop strategies to secure Bloomberg’s financial products, network, and cloud architecture.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience building, maintaining and managing security aspects of large-scale distributed infrastructure and applications.
- Experience with transactional applications such as execution and order management systems.
- 5+ years of programming experience in C, C++, and other programming languages on UNIX operating systems.
- Demonstrated threat modeling capabilities in networking, software infrastructure and applications as they impact the security posture of an organization.
- Experience working with mission critical, large-scale distributed applications and products.
- A track record of building collaborative relationships with stakeholders across many functions, with a focus on correctness, scalability and usability of distributed infrastructure.
- Past experience developing usable security tools in a professional setting or open source, as well as an understanding of tools to automate the software development lifecycle.
We'd love to see:
- Experience with financial software design, implementation and threat modeling.
- Working knowledge of publisher/subscriber, message bus and distributed computing architectures such as Hadoop, Kafka, MQ, etc.
- Knowledge of virtualization technology and the landscape of cloud computing vulnerabilities.
- Working knowledge of large-scale data processing technology, and experience leveraging data to drive decision making.
- Experience managing and enforcing security policies at a very large scale
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.