Diversity & Inclusion Client Partner – Financial Products
New York, NY
Posted May 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 75350
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else.
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and we strive to create a culture that values difference, champion’s inclusion and promotes collaboration to drive business results. We work across regions to ensure that we're addressing local priorities consistent with local cultures.
As a Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Client Partner for our front line financial products business you lead the drive to embrace diversity in all its nuances for one of our key business areas in our headquarters. You will use your background and expertise to actively partner with the business and provide support, advice, guidance and vision.
What we do:
We’re thought-leaders, change-agents and executors. We bring best-of thinking in the D&I space to our colleagues, business and external partners. We challenge the organization to think differently about top talent. We ensure that the right programs, data and policies are in place to inspire an inclusive workplace. Whether it's by committing to challenge the way we think and act around mental health in the workplace, organizing Veterans insight days to help ex-military people to be equipped to be successful in their new career, leading progressive and edgy conversations on ethnicity and LGBTQI topics, embedding diversity into our products like the gender diversity index and many more initiatives.
What's the role?
Bloomberg's Diversity and Inclusion team and Financial Products HR team is looking for a D&I Client Partner to help advance the company’s global D&I initiative, and to serve as a thought partner and leader on the strategy and vision for inclusion D&I in the business. We’re seeking a creative and ambitious individual who can help to design, drive and importantly deliver strategic D&I initiatives.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide thought leadership, advice, coaching, solutions and consultation to HRBP’s business leaders, D&I champions and the D&I task force
- Work collaboratively across the HR, Talent Development and Recruiting team to develop and execute on innovative strategies and programs
- Analyze data trends, define and assess key business critical metrics and deliverables, short and long term
- Ensure business alignment with enterprise wide and regional D&I strategies
- Co-develop the strategy and vision for D&I in the business, in partnership with HR partners, business leaders, managers, and employees
- Analyze employment activities such as applicant flow, new hires, exits, transfers, development needs and opportunities and promotions to identify potential areas of focus and other opportunities to promote diversity initiatives
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory and policy developments affecting D&I
- Represent D&I and Bloomberg overall through internal and external speaking events
- Manage multiple projects following a matrix model, driving successful outcomes
You'll need to have:
- Solid experience in diversity and inclusion, with strategic and operational experience delivering D&I initiatives in partnership with a strategic HR function and business leaders
- The ability to drive projects and initiatives as a self-starter with strong client focus and outstanding critical thinking and communication skills
- Bachelor’s/Master's Degree in business or HR-related program
- Current experience in the design and execution of diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives
- Exceptional communication, presentation, storytelling and interpersonal skills
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting numerical data, and translating analyses into meaningful recommendations and measurable outcomes
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Power Point and Excel
We'd love to see:
- Experience working in Financial Services or Technology and having provided D&I partnership to a technology client group
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.