Diversity & Inclusion Client Partner - Corporate Functions
New York, NY
Posted Oct 23, 2023 - Requisition No. 121077
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
We’re thought leaders and change agents. We bring best-of thinking in the D&I space to our colleagues, business, and external partners. We challenge the organization to think differently about top talent. We ensure that the right programs, data, and policies are in place to inspire an inclusive workplace. Whether it's by committing to challenge the way we think and act around mental health in the workplace, organizing Veterans insight days to help ex-military people to be equipped to be successful in their new career, leading progressive and edgy conversations on ethnicity and LGBTQI topics, embedding diversity into our products like the gender diversity index and many more initiatives.
Bloomberg's Diversity and Inclusion team is looking for a Client Partner to help advance the company’s global D&I initiative, and to serve as a thought partner and leader on the strategy and vision for diversity and inclusion across our Corporate Functions businesses. Our Corporate Functions groups support the day-to-day running of Bloomberg L.P and include Finance & Accounting, Legal & Compliance, Risk, Audit, External Relations, Human Resources, Workplace Operations and Supply Chain businesses. We’re seeking a creative and results-driven individual who can help to design, drive and deliver strategic D&I initiatives.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide thought leadership, advice, coaching, solutions and consultation to HRBP’s, business leaders, D&I champions and the D&I task forces
- Analyze data trends, define and assess key business critical metrics and deliverable, short and long term
- Work collaboratively across HR, Talent development and Recruiting team to develop innovative strategies and programs
- Ensure business alignment with enterprise wide and regional strategies
- Co-develop the strategy and vision for D&I in the business, providing guidance and insights on programming and consultation to HR partners, business leaders, managers, and employees
- Analyze employment activities such as applicant flow, new hires, terminations, transfers, and promotions to identify potential areas of focus and other opportunities to promote diversity initiatives
- Manage multiple projects following a matrix model, driving successful outcomes
- Support D&I and Bloomberg efforts with internal and external initiatives
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in diversity and inclusion, with strategic and operational experience delivering D&I initiatives in partnership with a business
- The ability to drive projects and initiatives as a self-starter with a strong client focus and outstanding critical thinking and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s/Master's Degree in business or HR-related program
- Current experience in the design and execution diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives
- Exceptional communication, presentation, storytelling, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting numerical data, and translating analyses into meaningful recommendations
- Deep comfort with data and data analysis
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience as a D&I Partner in the corporate environment including working within the legal environment or HR is highly preferred
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience leading D&I initiatives is highly preferred
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 185,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus