Diversity & Inclusion Client Partner - Engineering
New York, NY
Posted May 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 90690
Who We Are:
Bloomberg drives disruptive innovation and breakthrough performance by embracing diversity in all its forms and all its nuances. We strive to create a culture that values difference, champions inclusion and promotes collaboration to drive business results. We work across regions to ensure that we're addressing local priorities consistent with local cultures.
As our global client base becomes increasingly more diverse, our focus on diversity and inclusion helps us stay attuned to our clients’ rich and varied cultures, norms and business practices.
What we do:
We’re thought-leaders and change-agents. We bring best-of thinking in the D&I space to our colleagues, business and external partners. We challenge the organization to think differently about top talent and we ensure that the right programs, data and policies are in place to inspire an inclusive work environment. Whether it's by committing to challenge the way we think and act around mental health in the workplace, organizing Veterans insight days to help ex-military people be better equipped to be successful in their new career, leading progressive and edgy conversations on ethnicity and LGBTQI topics, embedding diversity into our products like the Gender Equality Index and many more initiatives.
What's the role?
Bloomberg's D&I team is looking for a D&I Client Partner to help advance the company’s global D&I initiatives, and to serve as a thought leader and partner on the strategy and vision for diversity and inclusion in our Engineering business. Through close collaboration you will provide strategic solutions, mentorship and coaching, facilitating discussions across the business, providing external intelligence and best practices to increase and drive awareness and engagement across AMER and in collaboration with EMEA and APAC. We’re seeking a creative and ambitious individual who can help to design, drive and deliver strategic D&I initiatives.
We’ll trust you to:
- Co-develop the strategy and vision for diversity & inclusion in the business, providing thought leadership, advice, coaching, solutions and consultation to HR partners, business leaders, managers, employees and other stakeholders
- Collaborate within and across the D&I team to ensure peers are looped in, aware and consulted on region specific initiatives that could be leveraged more broadly
- Collaborate across wider HR, Talent development and Recruiting teams to develop innovative strategies and programs
- Ensure business alignment with enterprise wide and regional strategies
- Analyze data and trends in organizational diversity metrics, define and assess key business critical metrics and deliverables, both short and long term
- Analyze employment activities such as applicant flow, new hires, terminations, transfers, and promotions to identify potential areas of focus and other opportunities to promote diversity initiatives
- Stay up-to-date across the region with regulatory and policy developments affecting diversity & inclusion
- Represent the D&I team and Bloomberg overall through internal and external speaking events
- Manage and deliver multiple projects following a matrix model, driving successful outcomes
- Prepare and deliver briefings and presentations to senior leaders
You'll need to have:
- At least 4 years of experience in diversity and inclusion, with strategic and operational experience delivering D&I initiatives in partnership with a business
- The ability to drive projects and initiatives as a self-starter with a strong client focus and outstanding critical thinking and communication skills
- Current experience in the design and execution of diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives
- Exceptional communication, presentation, storytelling and interpersonal skills
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting numerical data, and translating analyses into meaningful recommendations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a fast-paced, fluid environment; comfortable initiating, leading and managing change
We'd love to see:
- Experience as a D&I Partner in the Tech industry would be great, or a strong interest and desire to learn about the Industry
- Degree, certifications and evidence of work in specific areas of D&I expertise is highly preferred
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.