Diversity Sourcing Partner - News & Media
New York, NY
Posted Jun 18, 2021 - Requisition No. 91583
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Who you are:
You are an upbeat, commercial, creative and collaborative recruitment professional with significant expertise in direct sourcing. You bring a deep commitment to building an inclusive workforce, person-by-person and team by team. In order to do this, you’ll need to be agile, resourceful, strategic and demonstrate your ability to pivot across ever-changing priorities. You’ll need to quickly build an in-depth knowledge of the range of vacancies, understanding of the businesses and provide a platinum service to stakeholders and candidates.
What you'll do:
With a dual reporting line into both the Diversity Sourcing and News & Media Recruitment teams, you will have responsibility for executing on a wide variety of searches; building innovative sourcing strategies, securing relationships with diverse talent networks and representing the Bloomberg brand in every interaction.
Gaining knowledge of the range of vacancies, understanding of the departments and building relationships within the industry, you will become a credible asset, adding value to the recruitment process and different business lines at Bloomberg, specifically with our News and Media business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Handle full sourcing lifecycle from finding new and innovative ways to source top underrepresented talent, to communicating methodology to managers and stakeholders on mapping and external market drivers for any given search
- Partner with the News and Media recruiting team and hiring managers to offer strategic advice in relation to the availability of talent and what opportunities we have
- Build trust-based relationships with candidates, referrals, colleagues and internal stakeholders
- Pro-actively build a pipeline of qualified underrepresented pool of candidates through internal and external industry networking, professional/diversity association’s community organisations, direct head hunting and various online recruiting tools.
- Drive engagement and partnerships with diverse organisations and networks that result in brand awareness regarding opportunities and careers with the firm
- Conduct market research to understand where external underrepresented talent pools are and work collaboratively with internal partners to explore initiatives to tap into those talent pools
- Stay on top of market and employment trends as relates to diversity
- Create and host career events including recruitment fairs/presentations and diversity/in-house events
- Maintain and track pipeline activity using data and metrics as a means to make recommendations
- Represent the Bloomberg brand as an employer of choice for Diversity in every interaction
You’ll need to have:
- 3-6 years sourcing or recruiting experience from a search firm/recruitment agency
- A genuine passion for direct sourcing in the News/Media/Research space
- Proven experience with developing successful and innovative recruitment strategies specifically engaging passive talent
- The resourcefulness to overcome obstacles and challenges
- Ability to think creatively to find and attract the best talent in the market
- Ability to work with minimal direction and comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience in handling and prioritizing multiple roles at any given time
We’d love to see:
- Deep familiarity market mapping a diverse set of sectors
- Understand sourcing and recruiting metrics and how to utilize them to influence hiring decisions
- Proven career progression at your current firm (Consultant-Senior Consultant etc)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.