Diversity Sourcing Specialist- News & Media
New York, NY
Posted Jun 16, 2020 - Requisition No. 82266
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Who you are:
You are an energetic, commercial, creative and collaborative recruitment professional who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You know the news, media and information services landscape and just how critical it is to find the right thinkers, doers, writers, producers, editors, leaders and innovative talent in order to compete in a marketplace of emergent platforms, products and personalities.
What you'll do:
Partnering with the News & Media recruiters, hiring managers and the diversity and inclusion team, you will identify under-represented talent externally, manage the flow of candidates and successfully increase this through strategic sourcing, job posting marketing, networking and brand building for Bloomberg LP. You will proactively build an under-represented talent pipeline through referral generation, sourcing, events and sourcing campaigns and work with business recruiting partners to ensure an improved hiring process.
Gaining knowledge of the range of open and pipeline roles, an understanding of the departments and building relationships within the industry, you will become a credible asset, adding value to the recruitment process and different business lines at Bloomberg,
We’ll trust you to:
- Liaise with the Business Recruiting Partners and Business Managers to understand open and pipeline roles and offer strategic advice
- Build trust-based relationships with candidates, referrals, colleagues and internal stakeholders
- Proactively build and maintain pipelines of diverse candidates aligned to business strategies across all seniority levels of the business through internal and external industry networking, professional/diversity associations, direct head hunting and various online recruiting tools.
- Engage passive candidates and communities for future openings.
- Lead research efforts and team updates on diverse talent including competitor information, benefits, USPs and how Bloomberg News/Media fare against competitors.
- Work closely with the HR Quad to drive diversity business plans using data, influencing strategy and recommending pivots in hiring strategies where required.
- Work closely with the HR Quad to understand the internal diverse talent landscape and make recommendations on how we can support talent mobility within these groups.
- Partner with and support internship/campus sourcing efforts for our programs.
- Be a brand ambassador by building brand recognition across the newsroom and Media teams through comprehensive understanding and engagement in our specific D&I programs.
- Drive engagement and partnerships with diverse organisations and networks that result in brand awareness regarding opportunities and careers with the firm
- Create and host career events including recruitment fairs/presentations and diversity/in-house events
- Maintain and track pipeline activity using data and metrics as a means to make recommendations
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years sourcing or recruiting experience, preferably with some agency/search experience
- An excellent understanding of the news and media landscape and a solid network of industry contacts
- An understanding of the opportunities and challenges in building a diverse talent pool and the tenacity to overcome obstacles and challenges
- Experience and the ability to build and maintain a long-term pipeline for hard to fill roles
- Developed various strategies resulting in the engagement and activation of passive candidates
- Proven success in thinking outside the box to find and attract diverse candidates
- Ability to work with minimal direction and comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience in managing multiple roles concurrently and the ablity to prioritize them
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.