Diversity Talent Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Jul 7, 2020 - Requisition No. 83769
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What We Do:
We’re thought-leaders and change-agents. We bring best-of thinking in the D&I space to our colleagues, business and external partners. We challenge the organization to think differently about top talent. We ensure that the right programs, data and policies are in place to enhance our inclusive workplace. Whether it's by committing to challenge the way we think and act around race and ethnicity in the workplace, organizing Veterans insight days to help ex-military people to be equipped to be successful in their new career, leading progressive conversations on LGBTQI and mental health topics, embedding diversity into our products like the gender diversity index or many other impactful initiatives, we consistently strive to maintain an inclusive environment.
Bloomberg drives disruptive innovation and breakthrough performance by embracing diversity in all its forms and all its nuances. We strive to build a culture that values difference, champions inclusion and promotes collaboration to drive business results. The D&I team works across regions to ensure that we're addressing local priorities consistent with local cultures and our overall team strategy is driven by hiring, developing, accelerating and retaining underrepresented talent at Bloomberg.
Within the Diversity Talent Specialist team our goal is make Bloomberg more successful by assessing our underrepresented talent, identifying skill gaps and crafting bespoke development experiences in order to help the talent grow and accelerate their careers. The best athletes have coaches that make them exceptional; they develop them differently and give them the chance to realize their potential. This is who we are to the Bloomberg organization. We believe that having the right leaders from diverse backgrounds is absolutely critical to our business success and that they are there to make sure that innovation and business success happens. The strategy is to have a future-focused agenda so that we have diverse talent pipelines and succession plans across the Enterprise.
- Work collaboratively within the Diversity Talent Specialist team to design and implement global programs
- You will be the main lead for the delivery and implementation of accelerator programs in the AMER region
- You will work closely with the talent pools, through coaching as well as the implementation of the programs.
- The role will allow you to get to know the underrepresented talent in the region and be the bridge to ensure the relevant HR and Business stakeholders are also familiar with the talent pools to feed into critical talent conversations and decisions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand the vision, purpose and strategy of the Diversity and Inclusion team and how all parts fit together.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and Business leaders to identify top diverse talent across different levels and build talent pools
- Collaborate with the relevant HR partners to design and deploy targeted programs that help increase capability and readiness of women and underrepresented minorities talent
- Be strategic and ‘hands on’ at the same time. You will be asked to be the person who will coach and work with the underrepresented talent in the AMER region. At the same time you will also be asked to be the person on the ground who is responsible for implementing the programs. This ability to be able to pivot according to the needs will be crucial to the success in this role.
- Use data, metrics and internal/external trends to arrive at insights to build and improve on programs
- Display professionalism, confidence, empathy and emotional intelligence when working with diverse talent and key stakeholders
- Measure the success of the programs and initiatives through dashboards and metrics
You’ll need to have:
- 7-10 years of proven track record at the intersection of diversity, inclusion, and leadership
- Experience working with senior leaders to design and drive actions that create more ready-now diverse leaders
- Research-based knowledge on (and passion for) why diverse leadership matters and how to get there
- Ability to paint a compelling case to senior leaders
- Experience of coaching and working with diverse talent at all levels
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, facilitation, presentation, storytelling and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a fast-paced, fluid environment; comfortable initiating, leading and managing change.
We’d love to see:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Org Development (OD), HR, Business, or other related discipline; Master’s, PhD, or EdD highly preferred
- Experience (or education + aspiration) in career development / acceleration programs
Degree, certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise, including coaching skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from you if you are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.