E-Trading STP Implementation Specialist Equities, Enterprise Services - Bloomberg Financial Solutions
New York, NY
Posted Feb 22, 2023 - Requisition No. 114268
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. And, to ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
The world's market leaders in Equities, Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities rely upon Bloomberg for transparent data, powerful analytics and seamless execution. Our market leading E-Trading Venues and Order Routing Network help our customers to discover value, trade and report with total confidence.
We provide guidance to Buy-side customers to integrate their Order and Execution Management Systems with Bloomberg via FIX to stage orders and route them to various dealers for execution.
We provide guidance to Sell-side dealers and brokers to integrate their pricing and trading engines with Bloomberg via FIX to stream prices & complete real time trade negotiation.
For post trade we also provide guidance to customers who integrate to our FIX & SFTP based workflows for trade reconciliation, allocation, matching, derivative clearing and trade reporting.
What's the role?
As a member of the e-trading implementation team, specializing in Equity listed markets, you will have responsibility for technical presales as well as project management delivery. You will deal with both buy side and sell side implementations covering equities, futures and options-based products. You'll ensure that customer’s e-trading and post trade initiatives are delivered efficiently and on time. You will need to be able to actively identify risks and dependencies throughout the process. You will support our sales force, partner with various teams internally and deal directly with our clients on a regular basis. You’ll demonstrate deep product knowledge and understanding of the listed communities, technology, operational workflow and trading activities.
You’ll be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment, have a dedicated approach to solving problems and will not shy away from challenges. You will provide account coverage for the sell-side, locational coverage for the buy-side and lead relevant third-party vendor relationships.
The projects you will be part of will involve a multitude of proprietary and third-party systems primarily focused on the Listed market as well as a wide range of security types including:
- Equities (EMSX): Equity, Futures and Options, FIX Networks
- FX (FXGO) and Commodities (CMET): Spot, Outright, Swap, Deposit, NDF, FX Options and Algos
- Fixed Income (FIT): Bonds, Interest Rate Swaps, Credit Default Swaps, Repo, Mortgages, Emerging -Markets, Money Market and MUNIs
We'll trust you to:
- You will provide pre-sales advice to buy-side and sell-side customers to identify the e-trading and post trade workflow solution that best meets their business needs
- Qualify and lead implementation projects
- You will ensure that dealer and the customers e-trading and post trade initiatives are delivered expertly and on time
- Be a great partner with OMS, EMS vendors, as well as FIX Network providers
- Continue to develop your knowledge of E-trading platforms and markets to identify system issues and opportunities and propose product improvements and workflow efficiencies
- You will work closely with Sales and Account management, Product Development and Production Support
- Travelling and visiting clients and vendors
You’ll need to have:
- Good Knowledge of the Listed market
- Consistent track record of delivering E-Trading and Post Trade projects
- Prior technical experience in trading system implementations, EMS and OMS -Good knowledge of FIX protocol
- Customer focused attitude with ability to foster relationships with internal and external partners
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in demanding situations and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and analytical skills
We'd like to see:
- Regulatory knowledge in MiFID2, SEF and EMIR
- Prior knowledge of Bloomberg platforms in Global Markets
- Language skills (Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus)
What's it like to work here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. But it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
What is Bloomberg?: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/what-is-bloomberg/
View our Benefits: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/employee-benefits/united-states/?tactic-page=588601
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 120,000 - 175,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus