Eng Program Manager -Security Engineering
New York, NY
Posted May 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 103595
Bloomberg is the industry standard for financial data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. The Product Delivery Management Office (PDMO) works closely with engineering and product teams to build empowered, autonomous and multi-disciplinary teams delivering the right product, in the right way, as quickly and efficiently as possible.
As a Program Manager in the PDMO you will be aligned with the Security Engineering organization and have the opportunity to manage the execution of large scale initiatives and establish structure and processes. You will gain a full understanding of the Bloomberg network architecture, how we secure our vast amounts of data sets, and how we securely push our software to more than 20,000+ users on an ongoing basis.
Security Engineering delivers critical security services to our internal and external users and customers. The security engineering teams are responsible for engineering and managing various aspects of technical security policy, assisting groups with their designs, engineering, implementation, and sometimes operating security tooling for our enterprise. We are looking for an enthusiastic problem solver and an experienced program manager to join us and help deliver these efforts!
This position is a hybrid 3 days per week in our New York City office and 2 days per week remote.
We will trust you to:
- Manage complex, cross-functional projects throughout the development lifecycle from inception through launch.
- Build and thoroughly understand robust roadmap that set the right expectations with stakeholders, see around corners, anticipate and mitigate risks.
- Partner with Engineering and Product to help develop and track product roadmaps.
- Excel in managing programs and projects but also keep an eye on the big picture and not be afraid to upend existing systems and processes if need be.
- Assess, adapt and introspect right-fit delivery framework (methodologies, tools and techniques) most appropriate to help the team achieve their goal as efficiently as possible
- Improve team's performance by helping them to continuously reflect and improve, encouraging team cohesiveness through leadership and mentoring to facilitate successful delivery.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring good judgment and flexibility.
You will need to have:
- 3+ years direct work experience in a program/project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with agile development practices and proven track record of implementing Agile to new and existing teams.
- Foundational knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture
- Foundational knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and software development methodologies.
- Experience in managing and maintaining a portfolio of projects, prioritizing and categorization of tasks, costs and risks in a fast-moving environment.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Results-oriented attitude and ability to follow through on tasks in a timely and responsible manner.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
We'd love to see:
- An understanding of networking and security technologies.
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional (CSM or CSP)
- Experience using JIRA for planning and tracking
- Experience in leading or being part of Agile transformation in an organization that previously followed traditional/waterfall software development processes
PMP, SAFe Certification
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.