ESG Credit Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Jun 17, 2021 - Requisition No. 91534
Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) provides Terminal users with in-depth analysis, commentary and data sets on over 135 industries and 2,000 companies across ten major sectors - as well as the government, credit and litigation factors that impact decision making.
Research that generates creative investment ideas and simplifies strategic and financing recommendations - by investment professionals, for investment professionals. That's intelligence our clients can count on.
Climate change, regulatory pressures and the importance of human capital are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) research and data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis. By better understanding ESG factors and how they impact credit ratings and debt capacity, clients can gain insight into the potential direction of a company, industry, or market.
We are looking for a highly-motivated research analyst to join our team, focusing on the intersection of ESG and Credit.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage your ESG and Credit knowledge to actively create research on a regular basis as an author or co-author, collaborating with Bloomberg Intelligence analysts across research divisions.
- Analyze and articulate the impact of ESG factors on credit performance, including the integration of ESG factors in credit ratings, and in on fixed income investing in general.
- Intimately understand the diverse community of ESG investors. Build and maintain a strong network of clients and industry specialists within the world of ESG investing.
- Contribute to the development and communication of Bloomberg's approach to ESG data and analysis.
- Collect, develop and manage company and industry data in order to publish research on ESG issues, themes, and trends affecting companies, industries and financial markets.
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance and further develop analytical functionality.
You'll need to have:
- 4 or more years of ESG research experience, with exposure to ESG fundamental and credit analysis.
- Knowledge of broader financial markets, and specific subject matter expertise in Credit markets.
- Understanding of how interest rates and risk impact debt market deals for investors and institutions.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis.
- Extraordinary primary research and writing skills.
- Knowledge of advanced finance and accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to be a self-starter, independent-thinker, and collaborative team-player.
- Working knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal.
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charterholder.
- Knowledge of quantitative modelling, statistical analysis, and programming.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.