ESG Data Analyst
New York, NY
Posted May 1, 2019 - Requisition No. 74921
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis.
As a team, we are responsible for enhancing and reporting Environmental, Social and Governance related content for the Bloomberg Terminal, plus reported on and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics and proprietary scores. We display ESG and Fundamental data together, backed by news for context. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service, and your passion and expertise for sustainable investing will have tremendous impact on our growing product offering.
You're the type of person that looks beyond the headline with a keen eye for the details because you know how data inspires breaking news and analysis. You will need to know your customer, their challenges, and their workflows. With this insight, you will bring creative ideas to the table on how we can make our data integration seamless and more efficient.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll trust you to:
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal.
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries.
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software.
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Research & Development to enhance relevant product databases.
- Manage large and complex data projects related to Environmental, Social and Governance datasets.
- Apply Python, SQL, VBA, and R to analyze data with the end goal of deriving insights, decreasing latency, increasing data quality efficiency, and market coverage.
You’ll need to have:
- 2 or more years of experience working in ESG research, finance, or data role.
- 2 to 4 years of work/internship experience in data analysis, financial market research and/or information technology.
- Advanced applied data analysis skills, with proficiency using Excel, Python, R, and SQL.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements and accounting procedures.
- Desire to improve and further develop our products.
- Ability to isolate issues and resolve problems logically.
- Keen interest in information management, technology and product development.
- Ability to adapt within a dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams.
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly.
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charterholder.
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management.
- Knowledge of quantitative modelling, statistical analysis, and programming.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.