ESG Data Specialist - EU Taxonomy
New York, NY
Posted Jul 27, 2021 - Requisition No. 92725
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis.
As a team, we are responsible for improving and reporting Environmental, Social and Governance related content for the Bloomberg Terminal, plus reported on and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics and proprietary scores. We display ESG and Fundamental data together, backed by news for context. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service, and your passion and expertise for sustainable investing will have tremendous impact on our growing product offering.
You're the type of person who looks beyond the headline with a keen eye for the details because you know how data inspires market trends, breaking news, and analysis. With the newly released EU Taxonomy Regulation, you will need to research company disclosure to understand the current market landscape. You will also help design workflows and tools that can be used by our clients for reporting purposes as required by the regulation. With this, you will bring value to our clients by supporting integration of our data into their workflows.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage large and complex data projects related to ESG datasets, with a particular focus on EU Taxonomy and similar regulatory frameworks
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects across quality and coverage initiatives, including procuring content to support best-in-class coverage
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to enhance relevant product databases
- Apply problem-solving and data analysis skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS with strong academic standing
- 2 to 3 years of professional experience, preferably working closely with data in a client-facing role
- Strong understanding of the ESG market and reporting landscape, with preference for prior experience in an ESG data or research role and knowledge of the EU Taxonomy
- Demonstrated and exceptional relationship building, business development, and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong project management skills: strategic thinking, setting deadlines, and leading the execution of tasks both independently and collectively with a group
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- ESG-related coursework or certification
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and demonstrated applied data analysis skills, with proficiency using Excel as well as experience with SQL or Python
- Ability to read/write in a language other than English, particularly Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.