ESG Data Specialist - Gender Equality Index
New York, NY
Posted Jul 27, 2021 - Requisition No. 92724
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis.
As a team, we are responsible for improving and reporting Environmental, Social and Governance related content for the Bloomberg Terminal, plus reported on and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics and proprietary scores. We display ESG and Fundamental data together, backed by news for context. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service, and your passion and expertise for sustainable investing will have tremendous impact on our growing product offering.
Among the products we manage is the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI), which tracks the financial performance of public companies committed to disclosing their efforts to support gender equality through policy development, representation and transparency.
As a Data Specialist for ESG and the Gender-Equality Index, you will be responsible for supporting execution and oversight of the GEI. Over the course of the year, you’ll be responsible for engaging with companies for survey data submissions, and you’ll research firms and identify new opportunities to increase participation in the index. You’ll conduct quality assurance testing and support scoring of submissions to determine index membership. You’ll help to iterate our survey process by updating and creating the questions and data fields, and analyzing the data for insights and trends. You will partner with communications and marketing to heighten the visibility of the index, as well as with other data and product teams to pursue continuous development and expansion of the GEI and other ESG products.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage large and complex data projects related to ESG datasets, with a particular focus on the Gender--Equality Index (GEI) and diversity data
- Ensure the quality of all GEI data submissions through close analysis of survey responses and company filings to ensure data accuracy and consistency
- Research, collect contact information for, and engage directly with a wide range of companies to expand GEI coverage and support timely and accurate submission of data
- Provide product training to other internal teams, such as Sales and Analytics, to expand data collection for the GEI
- Analyze gender equality and diversity data for trends and highlights. Monitor disclosure trends and standards and support expansion of the data product as needed
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS with strong academic standing
- 2 to 3 years of professional experience, preferably working closely with data in a client-facing role
- Market knowledge and understanding of ESG data or the social data reporting landscape, as well as a passion for Diversity & Inclusion
- Demonstrated and exceptional relationship building, business development, and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong project management skills: strategic thinking, setting deadlines, and leading the execution of tasks both independently and collectively with a group
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Specific knowledge of and prior experience with gender and other diversity-related data
- ESG-related coursework or certification
- Ability to read/write in a language other than English, particularly Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.