Bloomberg's New Business team incubates emerging business initiatives, develops strategic alliances and develops the firm's strategy in response to changing market structures. The New Business team is currently pursuing opportunities to enhance Bloomberg's Sustainable Finance and ESG data products. The role would report to the head of New Business and a targeted group of management stakeholders driving the new products agenda.
We are seeking a quantitative researcher as a partner to product leads and quant research teams to execute on the firm's product development vision related to sustainable finance and investing, especially for ESG analysis. Ideally, a successful candidate will be passionate about the opportunities to illuminate the complex data landscape in sustainable finance and foster further thematic research and product development.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop methodology for producing proprietary derived data sets spanning multiple sectors
- Synthesize and rank a wide range of financial and alternative data sources
- Perform literature reviews and keep apprised of ESG-related standards and research
- Collaborate with data and production implementation teams
- Propose and substantiate new research ideas
- Communicate clearly through face-to-face meetings, presentations and written publications
- Deliver complex projects with multiple stakeholders
You’ll need to have:
- Expertise in quantitative analysis techniques, including knowledge and experience with a range of data sources and statistical analysis. Additionally, the candidate should have either the knowledge or ability to learn research related to sustainable finance and investing.
- PhD or strong Master's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Quantitative Finance or a similarly quantitative field
- Experience implementing statistical research projects that apply cross-sectional and time-series econometrics, dimensionality reduction, and optimization techniques to financial data
- Deep expertise in one or more statistical programming languages – Python or R, are preferred
- 3+ years of experience in the financial sector working with firm-level data
We’d love to see:
- Environmental, social and governance reporting
- Understanding non-parametric and broader machine learning tools in solving real world problems, including classifiers, filters, neural networks, and ensemble learning
- Integrating multi-source (e.g. administratively reported, surveyed, or news sentiment data) datasets of varied frequencies in a common analytical framework
- Factor-based models and portfolio optimization
- Fundamental financial analysis and corporate valuation
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.