New York, NY
Posted Nov 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 97715
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
Bloomberg is looking for an experienced reporter to join our expanding ESG team. The successful candidate will break news and write big-picture stories that shine a light into this fast-growing but little understood space. We want to drill down into sustainability claims and highlight greenwashing where we see it. We want to decode and explain the latest regulation for our readers. And we want to help our readers understand "ESG Risk" in a world where there is still much debate about what ESG actually means. Ultimately, our goal is to chronicle the attempt to create a more "moral capitalism" in as clear-eyed a way as possible. Strong data-journalism skills would be a considerable advantage. The successful candidate will work closely with our Green and Equality teams as well as reporters on the Markets, Commodities and Finance desks.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver accurate and sharp stories under tight deadlines
- Generate analysis covering both fast-paced developments in short format and long-term trends and insights, that don't just focus on the "what happened'' but also on the "why" and "so what"
- Use available data to mine for stories
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Reporting experience covering financial markets or companies
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Robust attention to detail
- A collaborative team spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.