ETL Data Analyst - Third Party Indices Automation
New York, NY
Posted May 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 103906
Bloomberg runs on data, and as the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it, contributing value and providing that value to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal. We identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes-and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Third Party Index data group supports Bloomberg’s suite of Indices to fulfill our clients’ needs. We process over 15,000 files per day and as such need to have highly efficient data pipelines and quality processes to support the timely execution and publishing of that data for our clients.
What’s the role?
The Third Party Automation Team is a dynamic group of individuals who tackle the more challenging technical aspects of our data product including data pipelining and sophisticated data analysis. Our Data Analysts possess a unique combination of technical skills and eye for business, as well as good communication and interpersonal skills. As such, we are looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for data and the technology that surrounds it.
As a Senior Data Analyst you will apply your problem-solving skills to handle the data pipelines, automation processes and human-in-the-loop workflows that feed our Third Party Indices Data Products. In addition to the data pipelining work, you will use your data analysis skills to analyze our data from an operational as well as product standpoint. This might be by building the associated ETLs and Data Visualizations to report on our most important Operational Metrics or by building prototype applications in BQNT with our product teams. As a senior data analyst you will be expected to lead projects, collaborate with Engineering and Product and mentor junior members of the group who are looking to develop technically.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and support the data pipelines and processes that feed our Bloomberg Index Database
- Find opportunities and build automated solutions for data standardization, ETL pipelines, and human-in-the-loop data processing
- Design, develop, and deploy data quality validations written in Python to drive quality improvements and standards across the team, improving areas such as accuracy, completeness, consistency, reliability and more
- Draw on your knowledge of scripting and programming to scale and standardize pipelining across our team and the department, always identifying improvements to current workflows
- Use statistics and data visualization to report on results of ongoing operations and projects, as required
- Leverage data analysis skills to find opportunities to optimize our operations or create prototypes to advance the third party index data product
- Partner with a wide variety of collaborators including Engineering, Product and Sales on product development and execution
- Bachelor's degree in STEM related field or equivalent professional working experience
- Minimum 2 years of programming and scripting experience in a python
- Proficiency with git, unix, python ecosystem, web services and API usage
- Proven foundation in data modeling, SQL & NoSQL database systems
- Proven track record of using technology to innovate data products and processes
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance with the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry
- Problem solving mentality and superb attention to detail
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
You’ll need to have:
*Please note this role can sit in either Princeton, NJ or in New York, NY
We’d love to see:
- Financial Market experience including an understanding of how benchmarks are used by our clients
- Experience using Global Data Tech Stack components
- Agile/Scrum Project Management experience
- Experience using data analysis and visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.