ETS - Sales - NY
New York, NY
Posted Feb 12, 2020 - Requisition No. 81294
Electronic Trading Solutions (“ETS”) Sales unites all of Bloomberg’s cross-asset electronic trading systems into one team, delivering trading solutions and analytics to both our buyside and sellside clients. Our solutions are an integral part of the Bloomberg network, allowing our clients to seamlessly stage, monitor, transact, allocate and perform TCA all on one system. In addition to capturing workflow, securing terminals, and growing our franchise market share, ETS offers many revenue-generating solutions that integrate with Bloomberg and non-Bloomberg OMS solutions, on both sides of the market.
Included in ETS, is Bloomberg Tradebook LLC, a registered U.S. broker-dealer that focuses on providing sophisticated electronic trading solutions to third-party broker-dealers and their clients.
What’s the role?
As an ETS Salesperson for Tradebook, you will be responsible for managing and growing our Electronic Trading franchises across Tradebook’s solutions for futures, equities and options. This is primarily accomplished by building deep, value-focused relationships with clients, and engaging with them on ways they can grow and advance their business, by partnering with Bloomberg for the clients’ trading and analysis needs.
All salespeople are expected to manage a book of clients, and to develop a deep understanding of their business, workflows, and electronic trading (“ET”) needs. With the goals of retaining existing clients, growing the participation from established firms, and onboarding new clients to our trading systems, you will be driving impact for Tradebook, other ETS systems and overall Enterprise Sales departments. As the forefront of our ET client engagement, you will be expected to gather, organize, and share product feedback with other internal stakeholders (ie: Product, Sales Management, etc) to ensure we continue to deliver what the market requires for Bloomberg to become or remain the leading ET provider in all areas where we compete.
We will trust you to:
- Build valuable, trusted and enduring relationships with your customers
- Build an in-depth understanding around our clients’ workflow
- Collaborate with all groups within Enterprise Sales in furthering our electronic trading franchise
- Take responsibility for growing our client base through prospecting, relationship management, referrals, cross-selling and attending external events/conferences
- Provide detailed feedback to our product development teams to help us continuously improve so we can anticipate our clients’ future needs
- Make the best use of our flat corporate structure to network across various departments; relying on specific expertise to help deliver solutions to our clients
You will need to have:
- 5-10 years of experience in Sales and Relationship management
- Deep understanding of financial markets, the trading process, including STP, and OMS/EMS connectivity
- Strong understanding and keen interest to learn relevant aspects of regulatory, market structure and compliance impacts to electronic trading
- Knowledge of fixed-income electronic trading products and landscape
- Excellent presentation, relationship building and communication skills
- The ability for regular travel
We’d love to see:
- Proficiency with the Bloomberg Terminal
- Series 7
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.