Earnings Specialist Americas
New York, NY
Posted Feb 8, 2023 - Requisition No. 113984
Bloomberg News invests in its journalism and its journalists. We have a culture in which you will be supported and challenged to innovate, to learn new skills and to deliver news in a manner best suited to the modern reader's interests. You will grow as a writer, as a data-driven journalist, and over time you will be exposed to a rich selection of opportunities only available at the world's most credible financial news organization.
We are seeking a candidate interested in company news -- trends, growth, profit and loss -- and who is passionate about working with technology and data to cover corporate earnings as quickly as possible, while presenting the numbers in the right context at the same time.
WE'D LOVE TO SEE:
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about how to work with automated and semi-automated tools
- Ability to effectively convey technical matters to a broad audience in plain, colloquial English
- A confident writer, or wants to learn how to become one
- An understanding to be in a fast and accurate in the moment, you actually need to do a lot of behind-the-scenes preparation
- Ability to autonomously and proactively coordinate with a variety of peers and stakeholders
In this role, you will be at the center of the intersection of data and journalism. You will work with the entire newsroom to help journalists use the data and tools at their fingertips. This is one of the most innovative and dynamic areas of our field, where automation, data and news judgment come together to produce unbelievable results in the blink of an eye. You'll also be connecting the dots of wider earnings trends in the US stock market, and writing stories that capture those trends.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Use Bloomberg's technology, aided by artificial intelligence and automation, to write previews on upcoming earnings, and publish earnings stories in real-time.
- Communicate with colleagues across the newsroom and other departments to help us improve the quality and depth of our earnings product.
- Be an ambassador for the latest and greatest, the new process that saves time, or the new dataset that adds context.
- Stitch together broader themes from the earnings of individual companies, and write those stories.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 80,000 - 95,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus