New York, NY
Posted Nov 23, 2021 - Requisition No. 97913
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
Are you passionate about markets and companies coverage? Do you have an eye for the next big trend to drive company financials? Do you find the craziness of earnings season, with all its nonstop shocks and surprises, to be exhilarating?
If so, come join the Data-Driven News team as we tackle one of the newsroom's biggest upcoming initiatives -- a vast expansion in our North American earnings coverage. Armed with our latest technology and extensive preparation, you'll ensure we're providing the best possible package for readers across the entirety of earnings for any given company, from the preview to the moment of release all the way through to the market reaction. We want to dive deeper into company segments, utilize estimates comparisons to provide instant context, and mine conference calls for interesting commentary; markets will rise and fall based on your reporting.
We'll trust you to:
- Ensure our earnings coverage is complete from start to finish and contains the most important metrics, expert editorial context and market-moving data
- Work with Extraction teams to set us up for success including correct targeting of variables, responding to clarification questions and coordination on expansion plans
- Stay on top of major stories and trends that matter to market participants and understand their implications for company financials
- Mine company earnings statements for key financial data in real time and look for opportunities for further markets coverage
- Work across departments, from Bloomberg Intelligence to Global Data, to ensure we have the right data and context for real-time earnings execution
- Collaborate with Breaking News, Global Business and Markets teams to ensure we have the best possible coverage
You need to have:
- Experience reporting or analyzing company financials, including an understanding of estimates data
- Willingness to learn and work with machine learning and processing systems
- Levelheadedness for solving problems quickly and confidently in high-pressure situations
- Excellent communication skills
- An all-hands-on deck, team-player mentality and a constructive, flexible, and reliable attitude
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with real-time news
- Market or sector expertise that can easily be applied to company financials and earnings coverage
- Familiarity working with automated content and semi-automation tools
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.