East Coast Sales Lead, Finance
New York, NY
Posted Mar 17, 2021 - Requisition No. 89599
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
As the Team Leader in New York, you will manage a team of experienced sales professionals across the East to drive top-line revenue growth and deliver target achievement for all of our advertising categories.
Reporting to the Head of US Sales, you will help field sales stay focused on outbound client management – by removing internal friction, being proactive, making decisions about deal priority, teams to involve, briefings, timelines, deadlines, etc. When a significant RFP comes in requiring the diverse skills and integration of the broader organization, you set the approach, and are the guide and navigator. As a result, you are responsible for all internal, day-to-day sales team support; process management and issue escalation; revenue/pipeline tracking, reporting, analytics and optimization. The ultimate goals: velocity in market; accuracy of forecasting; target delivery.
We’ll trust you to:
- Help each individual sales person manage their territory, open doors, close their opportunities, and drive toward those objectives within the context of the rolled-up objectives of the practice
- Be an innovator, arbiter and lead negotiator. Be focused and hungry. Passionate but congenial – embodying the perfect mix of perspective and ambition, with an intuitive and highly-developed commercial EQ
- Be an ambassador of Bloomberg's complete multi-platform media offerings, the first and daily liaison with editorial, and ensure we are making the most of our diverse strength and assets
- Collaborate actively with clients on “ideas-programs” to advance their business
- Be the lead innovator and engineer when it comes to building packages and deals across our ecosystem
- Partner with strategy teams and work across editorial, media sales, technology, events and operations, as well as have a point-of-view on commercial business and brand strategy
- Be a driver of video led solutions
- Have proficiency in programmatic
- Leverage senior level client and agency relationships
- Diversify advertiser base
You’ll need to have:
- Track record of repeated revenue and share growth
- Expertise in Salesforce
- The ability to be a strategic problem solver who understands modern marketing
- Intellectual Curiosity. Hunger to win. Tireless work ethic. Love of design, ideas, and creative
- 10+ years of marketing, advertising, strategy, business development and sales experience
- Passion for data & demonstrated ability to create crisp, justified, qualitative narratives from quantitative data
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.