Editor, Bloomberg Opinion
New York, NY
Posted Sep 11, 2023 - Requisition No. 118784
We’re looking for an editor to apply their skills to the range of digital expressions of Bloomberg Opinion’s work.
You are a conjurer of magnetic headlines, a deft cutter of sentences, a believer in standards and transparency, a quick study on SEO, and generally someone who loves the challenge of helping great journalism break through the noise with sparkling edits.
Your responsibilities will include: copy editing our most impactful columns and features; serving as a top editor on the most important bits of text that drives audience to our journalism; serving as a writer of our weekend editions of our flagship newsletter, Bloomberg Opinion Today; punching up video scripts and other bits of editorial; and managing the on-site packaging of our content, including our homepage, bloomberg.com/opinion.
You’ll work in a team of audience-driven editors focusing on creating social media, video, audio and data visualizations that extend the reach of our journalism. And you’ll be part of a global publication, with editors and columnists based across the world.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Maintain copy standards across our core publication and also off-platform, finding ways to delight and surprise our audiences while remaining true to our brand.
- Edit for impact, focusing on the highest-priority content on any given day, including columns, features, newsletters, video scripts, social media and SEO headlines.
- Serve as a core member of the team producing original video and social media, weighing in pre-publication and advising on the evolution of our editorial products.
- Coordinate corrections and style changes.
- Write punchy weekend editions of our Bloomberg Opinion Today newsletter.
- Solid experience serving as a copy editor in a news organization, magazine or digital publication.
- Deep understanding of social media and social video networks, and the critical role that copy plays in them.
- Strong knowledge of search engine optimization, incorporating current trends into opinion headlines.
- Passion for collaborating in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Visual skills and experience in art direction are a plus.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 95,000 - 125,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus