Editorial Programmer (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Oct 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 110214
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
This is a project-based, 12-month contract position for Bloomberg New Economy 2023 Gateway and flagship events. The successful candidate will support the Bloomberg New Economy editorial team in developing the event programs, and identifying and recruiting speakers for plenary and breakout sessions. This requires up-to-date knowledge of economic issues on a global and regional level as well as familiarity with top decision-makers in government, finance and industry.
- Research focus topics for plenary sessions and breakouts, writing
- Recommend key leaders and decision-makers
- Lead outreach and communication to speakers
- Provide regular updates on outreach status and coordinating bookings with internal BNE teams
- Maintain an internal database
- Build and manage relationships with target speakers' PR and/or executive teams
- Prepare speaker and moderator briefing materials ahead of the events
- Attend the events internationally and serving as a speaker point of contact on site
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in event development/programming, journalism or TV booking
- Strong relationships with the business community (in particular in Europe and Africa)
- Polished, professional demeanor
- Willing to travel internationally to execute events
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, remain organized, troubleshoot problems, and propose creative solutions
- Experience communicating professionally with senior officials and executives
- The ability to speak, read and write foreign languages is a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 70 - 90 USD Hourly