Electronic Trading Operations Infrastructure Services Representative
Posted Feb 13, 2019 - Requisition No. 73612
Electronic Trading Operations (ETO) Infrastructure Services Representative
Bloomberg is a leading provider of electronic trading tools and services for all segments of the financial markets, and our Electronic Trading Operations (ETO) team is responsible for ensuring the implementation, stability, and reliability of those offerings.
We implement new connections and detect, analyze, and resolve issues impacting connectivity with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, and ATS venues. We ensure seamless performance with our Electronic Trading platforms through interaction with Bloomberg Product areas, Network Operations, Engineering, and Bloomberg’s clients. We understand urgency, work hard, know the business, and are customer service driven. Our clients count on us every day, and we challenge and support each other to deliver the best service possible.
What’s The Role?
As part of the Infrastructure Services team in ETO, you will be responsible for managing large scale projects that have major impact on the operation of the department as a whole. This includes building and maintaining the backend infrastructure that supports our electronic trading environment, as well as troubleshooting and resolving escalated issues impacting the businesses we support and their clients.
In this role, you will handle the onboarding of operational work currently performed by Engineering teams into ETO, and act as an escalated contact for technical issues in these business areas. You will be expected to liaise with Product, Tradedesk, Engineering groups, and clients and will be essential in minimizing impact and mitigating financial risk for these businesses and their clients.
You will also be responsible for training and reporting on the ETO department’s performance against KPI’s for the various products ETO has taken on level 2 application support for. You will liaise with the ETO team globally to ensure we are meeting these metrics month over month and helping to push process change or tooling enhancements where necessary to improve our performance.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Manage high level projects that have major impact on achieving ETO annual business plan targets
- Liaise with Engineering to operationalize support of Electronic Trading backend systems and OMS’s
- Build and maintain new electronic trading topologies, ensure and test proper redundancy, load balancing, and recovery methods are in place
- Analyze and troubleshoot escalated issues related to our Electronic Trading products
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and Product changes
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues
- Act as product owner to existing and new Configuration, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Support tools
- Write and maintain scripts to automate or create efficiencies in the support and implementation workflows
- Conduct capacity planning by analyzing client flows and trading statistics
- Help develop metrics for internal consumption and trading system benchmarking
- Help design and document trading system recovery procedures
You’ll Need To Have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in information systems or a related technology field such as Computer Science, or relevant work experience
- Experience in UNIX and Linux operating systems and commands, troubleshooting LAN / WAN, and in Middleware connectivity (TCP/IP, MQ, UDP)
- Knowledge of a scripting language, such as Perl, Bash, Korn, and Python
- Knowledge of Message Protocols, including the FIX standard protocol
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems with a keen eye for detail
- Strong project management for executing customer driven short term projects and implementation requests
- Demonstrated leadership in supporting business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management
- Excellent communication skills and effective prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, multi-task, be a team-player, be client focused, and to adapt in a dynamic changing environment
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
We’d Love To See:
- Strong knowledge of the Equity, Options, Futures and FX markets and any exposure to Broker/Dealers, Hedge Funds, Regulations
- A Computer Science/Technology graduate with a passion for customer service and a genuine interest in financial markets. If you can bring these things along with a great positive attitude, we can teach you the rest.
- Experience with SQL or transactional databases and operating large structured and un-structured datasets (such as indexed data and delimited complex system logs)
- Project management or Information Security related certification (PMP, ITIL, etc.)
Where Can The Role Take Me?
Many ETO Representatives love the excitement and team feel working on large scale projects and continue to develop their career in that area. Some are keen to use their programming skills and progress into Performance Engineering or Development teams. A move into the Business or Product side can be a good option for those with both a commercial and technical mindset, especially as expertise is gained across the platforms the ETO team services. With time, some also transition into leadership roles.
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. That being said, it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives, from helping local school kids with their reading, to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.