Email Designer, Consumer Marketing (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Nov 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 111416
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
We’re seeking a highly motivated, 12-month contract Email and Production designer to join our Consumer Marketing team, reporting to our Head of Brand Marketing and Creative. You will play a key role in translating our brand identity across touchpoints, with the overall goal of driving growth and deepening engagement across both core and target consumer audiences.
You are flexible, comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and be able to balance multiple priorities. You are a creative, entrepreneurial thinker who consistently stays on top of the latest digital trends and brings new “out of the box” ideas to the table.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop new email templates, as per industry trends and standards with a focus on code reusability and effectively use existing templates to create a template library for maximum efficiency
- Design, edit and update web content within several content management systems like Wordpress
- Test renderings across multiple email clients, using QA tools such as Litmus and ensure messages are mobile and dark-mode friendly
- Support internal creative team, stakeholders and external partners to produce assets for omni-channel campaigns, as needed
You’ll need to have:
- Solid communication and understanding of design fundamentals
- Expertise with owned marketing channels (email, on-site etc.) and understanding of paid channels (social, display etc.)
- Strong graphic design skills
- Experience with media, subscription, retail, consumer or e-commerce brands and business models
- Ability to manage multiple projects and revisions in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with high regard for attention to detail
- Highly motivated and capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Inquisitive, bold, and responsive approach to design
- Ability to thoughtfully communicate and make the complex, simple
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Web Design or related field
- 3+ years experience in digital design
- Fluency in HTML/CSS and Wordpress required. Ability to read, write, and apply HTML/CSS styling to web content for visual consistency on the website and in email marketing
- Experience in working on a number of different ESPs, email builders like Taxi and using testing software like Litmus
- Strong knowledge of digital graphics' production, use of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, Sketch
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite
- Proven implementation of email standard processes and dark mode troubleshooting
- This is a contract position with potential for full-time employment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594 (https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 40 - 70 USD Hourly