Email Marketing Associate, Digital Subscriptions Business
New York, NY
Posted Aug 20, 2021 - Requisition No. 93436
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast – while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we’re known for. It’s what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazines, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy Forum and a digital subscriptions business.
Our subscription business has had breakout growth over the past 3 years and has exciting and ambitious growth in the coming years.
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF THE ROLE
Bloomberg Media's Consumer Subscription Business is seeking a highly-motivated Email Marketing Associate to define and build out a robust lifecycle email program to support our business goals. They will be responsible for the strategy and execution of emails; experimenting with creative, copy, segmentation and delivery to drive engagement, conversion and retention. They will work closely with external vendors and internal partners to build thoughtful and effective, email programs to meet our aggressive business goals.
This individual will be flexible, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and skilled at balancing multiple priorities. They are a creative, innovative problem solver who always is on top of the latest digital trends and brings new “out of the box” ideas to the table. This role will report to the Director of Lifecycle Product Marketing.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Manage the email creation process, from concepting to creative development, technical build, deployment and analysis.
- Develop test-and-learn plans alongside Product and Marketing teams to optimize acquisition, engagement, retention and revenue.
- Manage and maintain email programs; test creative, content, copy and frequency to drive business goals.
- Be the subject matter expert on our internal and external email platforms, serving as the point person for maintaining current vendor relationships and onboarding new vendors.
- Develop clear and insightful reporting; strategically communicate results and recommendations to leadership.
- Provide support to teammates through maintenance of existing marketing programs and assistance in development of new campaigns.
- Adapt, learn quickly and be inventive.
Own the email marketing calendar, including developing messages, outlining goals, defining segmentation and testing plans, and collaborating with design
- 1-3 years of experience in an email marketing role, preferably with an e-commerce or direct-to-consumer brand.
- Experience working with an enterprise-level email service provider (such as Eloqua or Sailthru).
- Flawless executor with experience building, managing, optimizing, reporting and analyzing marketing campaigns.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision making.
- Tight-knit collaboration skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to execute flawlessly with a high degree of ownership and attention to detail.
- Natural marketing instincts with the ability to relate to our customers and prospects.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply! We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.