Employee Operations Team Leader
New York, NY
Posted Sep 27, 2021 - Requisition No. 95772
Workplace Operations & Supply Chain, through our services and applications are dedicated to providing an employee experience that drives innovation, collaboration, productivity, and transparency. Our Global Employee Operations Team is central to this effort by providing platinum support to nearly 21,000 employees and more than 500,000 annual visitors in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world!
We are a close-knit, hardworking team who rely upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide; and those systems are the key to understanding where we are successful, and where we can develop.
Our 21,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, as well as monitoring our entire corporate network that consists of 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays and 120,000 network connections.
We’re looking for a New York-based Team Leader to join our Employee Operations team. This team is crucial to the smooth operation of the internal IT systems at Bloomberg. We provide technical support for all of our employees globally. As Bloomberg’s internal front line, while we predominantly provide technical support, we strive for a consistent employee experience and thus look for opportunities to improve and streamline across Operations and our service delivery model as a whole.
You will be the lead for this team striving for excellent customer service whilst taking a detail oriented approach to addressing customer needs quickly and efficiently. As a people leader, there will be an emphasis on developing a high performing team and a focus on career development. You will be responsible for managing workload and escalations, and facilitate tasks via ticketing systems, dashboards and the Bloomberg terminal This is an opportunity to fully own the growth and development of the team and support the employee experience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead and develop a team of high performing individuals, driving adherence to SLAs and performance metrics through coaching and feedback
- Provide tailored coaching that improves individual productivity and performance
- Provide oversight to our Service Organization functions and ticketing systems
- Ensure governance of policies, procedures and documentation are adhered to
- Collaborate and build robust relationships with other teams across Support Operations, including our end-users and customer business units
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for their teams to guide professional career development discussions
- Drive team delivery of excellent levels of customer service
- Create and present regular reports on team and individual performance
- Execute and communicate change management strategy
- Strong people leadership skills with the ability to motivate, coach and develop your team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a positive attitude
- Ability to efficiently implement new processes and support organizational change initiatives
- Ability to operate successfully in a global landscape and have the dedication to move towards standardization and continuous improvement of processes
- Track-record and demonstrable understanding of IT operational disciplines, process work-flows, resource and problem management
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical employees
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
- Experience leading a team or program, or demonstrated people management and organizational change skills
- Experience working in an operational capacity, particularly a customer service or experience-oriented team
- Experience in a technical role, in the IT industry or working with a technical support team
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.