Employee Relations Partner
New York, NY
Posted Oct 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 110723
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role:
We have an exciting opportunity available to join our Employee Relations team. In this role, you will support HR professionals, internal key partners, and partner with our internal legal team to provide guidance and support on complex employee relation issues. As an ER Partner, you will play a critical role within our HR team. In this role you will provide advice and support to HR, management, and leaders as it pertains to poor performers, complaints, concerns and conflict resolution. You will provide interpretation of policies and employment law and will also serve as an employee advocate. Additionally, you will work with a variety of internal clients to collect, analyze and discuss facts of inquiries with relevant stakeholders and legal counsel to evaluate situations and determine necessary steps. Finally, you will be a subject matter expert on all employee relations within the organization and be the primary owner of all process execution or administration. You will have strong analytical skills, sharp intuition, and comfort navigating ambiguity.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations matters in a consistent, empathetic, and legally sound manner
- Conduct effective and thorough investigations of employee complaints
- Perform analysis on Employee Relations trends and statistics in our case management tool HR Acuity
- Manage performance issues, medical accommodations, and behavioral risk issues
- Conduct educational training for HR and Managers affecting role elimination and reductions in force
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college and/or university (e.g., preferably business, HR, or another related field)
- A minimum of 8 years of Employee Relations experience
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and a track record of applying problem-solving and analytical skills to a range of HR issues
- Proficiency in conducting administrative investigations in order to collect and analyze facts for cases to identify obscure or underlying causes of misconduct or poor performance to develop options for appropriate solutions
- Maturity, discretion, and good judgment in managing complex decisions and handling sensitive information
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work within a dynamic, fluid environment
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus