Employee Support Technician
New York, NY
Posted Oct 27, 2021 - Requisition No. 96906
Through our services and applications, Workplace Operations & Supply Chain provide an employee experience that drives innovation, collaboration, productivity, and transparency. Our Global Employee Operations Team is central to this effort by providing platinum support to 21,000 employees and more than 500,000 annual visitors in more than 170 state-of-the-art offices around the world.
We are a close-knit, hardworking team that relies upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide. Those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well and where we can develop.
For example, our 21,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle 400+ software titles and monitor our entire corporate network that consists of 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays, and 120,000 network connections.
The Global Employee Operations Team is crucial to the smooth operation of our internal IT systems at Bloomberg. In the Employee Support Technician role, we are looking for front-line support for our employees, which includes providing exceptional customer service and resolving their technical queries. An essential part of this role is providing face-to-face deskside support to our end-users and addressing complex, specialized hardware, and software issues. You will be joining the team that forms Bloomberg's front line, providing level 1 & 2 technical IT support for our employees. You could be part of this team striving for best-in-class customer service while taking a detail-oriented approach to addressing our employees' technical needs quickly and efficiently. The core function is working with our employees directly and providing on-site support.
Support is coordinated via ticketing systems, over the phone, or Instant Message. The role will be a combination of primarily deskside support blended with remote assistance for PCs, Laptops, MACs, and other peripherals. In addition to PC support, you will have the opportunity to learn more about and support other areas such as Mobile Technology and AV systems.
Full training on the Bloomberg hardware, software, and ticketing systems will be given to the successful candidate.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide best in class customer service
- Provide foundational technical support to our 21,000 internal employees remotely and deskside
- Be highly motivated, self-driven, and have proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Bring innovative ideas while demonstrating high energy, a sense of urgency, and decisiveness
- Manage multiple inquiries via our internal ticketing system
- Keep yourself up to date with the newest technologies
- Handle and deliver small projects
- Foundational knowledge of technology processes and systems, such as Active Directory, popular operating systems (Windows & iOS), and software applications. Plus, an eagerness and aptitude to learn innovative technologies
- Have excellent spoken and written communication skills, including proficiency in English
- Multi-tasking and problem-solving skills, as well as an ability to work independently
- Thrive in high pressure and high paced environment
- Ability to lift, carry, and install PCs, servers, monitors, and another desktop hardware
You'll need to have:
What's it like to work here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves challenging business goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and collaborate with is more important than titles or positions. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. It isn't all about work.
Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives, from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
Bloomberg's Core Values:
Innovate + Collaborate + Do The Right Thing + Know Your Customer
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match!
We'll get in touch with you, to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at more of what we do at Bloomberg: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.