Engineer Sales Specialist, Buyside Enterprise Financial Data & Analytics
New York, NY
Posted Dec 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 98527
We’re Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell-side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund - we’re an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers!
Our Sales teams are industry renowned for their subject matter expertise and platinum service levels. You’ll have industry renowned training, not just when you join us, but continually throughout your career here. Just like we invest in our products, we invest in our people. It gives us the edge.
What’s the role?
The Buy-Side Enterprise Relationship Management (ERM) team is responsible for the growth, retention, and management of our largest, most strategic buy-side clients. In this role, you will be the innovation engine in generating new business by matching technological solutions to valuable market demands. You will work directly with our Engineering and Sales teams to provide feedback and gradually evolve the business - these close relationships will give you the technological knowledge and connection with our technology teams in understanding tools which are available.
You will be the main point of contact for our buyside clients in developing and implementing their investment strategies, investment reporting and quantitative research, through Excel API, VBA, Python and Bloomberg’s query language solutions. This will involve full life-cycle development, from initial pre-sales conversations to requirement gathering, prototyping, implementation, deployment and adoption. Your strong communication and project management skills will play a critical role in your interactions with multiple internal stakeholders across the region, as well as users across front office, trading, compliance, operations and IT.
We will trust you to:
- Build an in-depth understanding around our client’s workflow and assisting clients to identify, plan and onboard their investment analysis and models on Bloomberg's platform
- Develop strong relationships with our Engineers in testing their tools with he market and collecting use cases which is needed for funding; equally, develop strong relationships with Sales to help them advance solutions
- Project management - creating data sets and customized visualization tools
- Develop a deep understanding of Bloomberg's buy-side solutions for the Front, Middle and Back Office
- Be the point of contact for "testing" new ideas that are market and client driven
- Provide detailed feedback to our product development teams to help us continuously improve so we can anticipate our client’s future needs
- Help develop documents, training material, internal tools to better service other clients
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop prototype solutions that will evolve into a new business.
You'll need to have:
- Entrepreneurial Mindset, willingness to take on unprecedented tasks and take Bloomberg Forward
- At least 5 years of experience in a client facing role, successfully managing relationships
- Strong understanding of financial markets including a strong grasp of buy-side work flows and user types
- Proven track record of outstanding customer service, ideally servicing Financial Institutions--At least 2 years of experience in a client facing role, successfully managing relationships
- Ability to effectively communicate technical/complex issues in a simplistic manner to various audiences
- A proactive attitude and ability to work well as a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with cloud strategy or machine learning also a plus
- Ability to acquire new technical skills by oneself