Engineer, Podcast - New York (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Jun 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 104515
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to reinventing live events.
Bloomberg is expanding its audio offerings and looking for a self-starting and talented engineer to help produce the best possible audio quality for two new daily podcasts. The engineer will work with teams of producers and alongside reporters and editors in Bloomberg’s wider newsroom to shape the sound of the show, select and place music and refine the final product just before it is published. They will work closely with a senior producer and supervising producer, and report directly to the head of podcasts.
- Mixing and mastering episodes on a fast turnaround
- Ensuring consistent sound levels
- Maximizing audio quality
- Selecting placing music
- Some sound design
- pull archival sound and music from music libraries.
- Adjusting music cues and ad breaks
- Being the final set of ears on a show and ensuring overall excellence before publication
- Coordinate with the wider podcast team, reporters and editors in the newsroom, and other stakeholders.
- A sharp editorial ear
- Excellent news judgment
- 1-3 years of experience in audio editing or production; engineering, sound design and composing in your background are a plus
- Skilled in Adobe Audition
If this sounds like you:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com