Engineering Program Manager - Real-time Distribution Platform
New York, NY
Posted Aug 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 93068
Bloomberg is the industry standard for financial data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. The Real-Time Distribution Platform (RDP) delivers data to hundreds of thousands of Enterprise and Terminal users. Every day, we’re consuming 100s of billions of ticks of data and delivering them to Bloomberg clients in real-time.
With thousands of clients depending on their infrastructure solutions, RDP is enjoying an exciting period of growth. As a result we are looking for an enthusiastic problem solver and a senior level program manager to join us and help deliver these efforts. This position involves collaborating with several product management teams, stakeholders and development teams.
We will trust you to:
- Plan major programs which coordinate with every development and cross-development teams to support adoption of new technology, implementation efforts, and standardization of technology and process.
- Excel in managing programs and projects but also keep an eye on the big picture and not be afraid to upend existing systems and processes if need be.
- Create accountability with clear progress reporting based on a deep understanding of where barriers to execution exist.
- Improve team's performance by encouraging team cohesiveness through leadership and mentoring to facilitate successful delivery.
- Assess, adapt and introspect right-fit delivery framework (methodologies, tools and techniques) most appropriate to help the team achieve their goal as efficiently as possible
- Partner with agile development teams within Engineering to help develop and track product roadmaps.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring good judgment and flexibility.
You will need to have:
- 5-8 years direct work experience in a program/project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- 4+ years of experience working with agile development practices and proven track record of implementing Agile to new and existing teams.
- Experience in SDLC and software development methodologies.
- Experience in managing and maintaining a portfolio of projects, prioritizing and categorization of tasks, costs and risks in a fast-moving environment.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Results-oriented attitude and ability to follow through on tasks in a timely and responsible manner.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Proven leadership and motivational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
We'd love to see:
- Experience with using JIRA for planning and tracking
- PMP, CSM, SAFe Certification
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.